7lb 5oz Titanium Satterlee 375 H&H

Stuart Satterlee

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
On this rifle I took my traditional square bridge design a redesigned it with integral picatinny bases and manufactured the action in titanium.
It's my 375 drop box action with a steel bolt. The stock is my British Express design in Carbon fiber.
The barrel is a KP cut rifled stainless steel 22" with quarter rib and fiber optic sights. The rifle weighs in at 7lbs 5oz.
IMG_20200815_1718133_rewind.jpg
IMG_20200815_1233307_rewind.jpg
IMG_20200815_1716389_rewind.jpg
IMG_20200815_1235144_rewind.jpg

Have you considered adding a pound and dumping the muzzle brake? Looks like both a handsome and practical rifle. 8.5 lbs before scope and ammo is a very manageable in a .375. The brake won't win friends or influence people across the way.

Have you considered adding a pound and dumping the muzzle brake? Looks like both a handsome and practical rifle. 8.5 lbs before scope and ammo is a very manageable in a .375. The brake won't win friends or influence people across the way.
Yes,
Adding weight is easy by making the action out of steel which is a little easier than making one out of titanium, for rough figuring as it pertains to magnum mauser just add a pound.
As far as muzzle breaks go, never been a fan, but then there are people out there with physical limitations, artificial shoulder joints and other shoulder issues that make recoil reduction necessary, for those individuals there are solutions and a good muzzle break is very effective for that kind of situation. As far as friends and influence, I've got all I need and more both with and without muzzle breaks, thanks, appreciate it in advance.

Yes,
Adding weight is easy by making the action out of steel which is a little easier than making one out of titanium, for rough figuring as it pertains to magnum mauser just add a pound.
As far as muzzle breaks go, never been a fan, but then there are people out there with physical limitations, artificial shoulder joints and other shoulder issues that make recoil reduction necessary, for those individuals there are solutions and a good muzzle break is very effective for that kind of situation. As far as friends and influence, I've got all I need and more both with and without muzzle breaks, thanks, appreciate it in advance.
Yes, I am sure you have it all sorted out. I simply made the comment because most PH’s who guide where the .375 is most useful are pretty unanimous in their loathing of muzzle brakes; not to mention the guy at the next bench at the local range.

Great looking rifle.

Thanks Red,
Like I say never been a fan fan of breaks either....but for the guy who really needs it, I do put them on. As far as public ranges go, gave up on those close to twenty years ago. We have our own private range here at Satterlee Arms. For efficient business purposes it's really necessary. My fully outfitted machine shop and rifle range are 50 yards from one another making testing,sight work, load development and more super handy. Being a private range there's no chance of offending other shooters. As far far as professional hunters go. I guessing they will welcome the business, muzzle breaks or not, I would considering the current economic climate surrounding hunting abroad and travel in general.

I am sure you are correct. They will be compelled to put up with almost anything. :cautious:

The steel action rifle sounds interesting. Have you done a steel square bridge with integral scope base? A Talley grove would be of equal interest to me as the picatinny.

I am sure you are correct. They will be compelled to put up with almost anything. :cautious:

The steel action rifle sounds interesting. Have you done a steel square bridge with integral scope base? A Talley grove would be of equal interest to me as the picatinny.

Yes,
The traditional square bridge action is the one that I've made the most of, the majority of those actions where machined to accept Talley scope rings. As you know the Talley is sturdy and simple and cost effective. Most guys can't and won't spend $1600 for claw mount fitting, when the Talley system does basically the same thing for far far fewer dollars.

Yes,
The traditional square bridge action is the one that I've made the most of, the majority of those actions where machined to accept Talley scope rings. As you know the Talley is sturdy and simple and cost effective. Most guys can't and won't spend $1600 for claw mount fitting, when the Talley system does basically the same thing for far far fewer dollars.
I use claws on double rifles and combination guns. JJ Perodeau also has machined rings for me for a number of period rifles that had the bases already in place. They now can accept a modern scope. Talley's are my favorite for a traditional bolt action - simple, well made, and totally reliable.

Found your site - you build some lovely things.

This is one great looking rifle! I wouldnt mind having one, and taking to Africa! (y)

This is a 375 H&H I built on a Satterlee action and it has the traditional square bridges that are machined for Talley scope rings. I machine the square bridges so each scope ring sits in a pocket 1mm deep so the scope ring is recoil protected both fore and aft, very secure. The stock on this one is my Brtish express in fiberglass, this one is a stainless steel barreled action, Cera-koted armor black.
IMG_20180321_1252068_rewind.jpg
IMG_20180321_1248240_rewind.jpg
IMG_20180321_1244402_rewind.jpg

This build is similar to the 1st two in the thread because it uses the same stock.
The action however is a commercial FN that I changed the bolt handle on and set it up with one of my 3 position safeties along with a Recnagle trigger, K&P stainless cut rifled barrel, NECG sights, muzzle break and cap. The action has been converted to feed and function 33 Nosler and my client requested it be made into a blind magazine ADL style to save some weight. Barrel length is 22" and is his bush fly in rifle for Alaska.
IMG_20200819_0854389_rewind.jpg
IMG_20200819_0853380_rewind.jpg
IMG_20200819_0858336_rewind.jpg
IMG_20200819_0857400_rewind.jpg

Really fantastic work. These all look like great working rifles...ready to do the job they were built for.

Really well designed and nice looking rifles in my custom rifle layman’s view. I enjoy reading and seeing the descriptions and functions of the various components that separate the customs from stock.

This is a 375 H&H I built on a Satterlee action and it has the traditional square bridges that are machined for Talley scope rings. I machine the square bridges so each scope ring sits in a pocket 1mm deep so the scope ring is recoil protected both fore and aft, very secure. The stock on this one is my Brtish express in fiberglass, this one is a stainless steel barreled action, Cera-koted armor black.View attachment 367950View attachment 367951View attachment 367952
Where do I send my money????!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg