steve.pitts

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Europe
Hunted
U.S., Czech Republic, Eastern Cape
Well guys and gals, a week from tomorrow my wife and I will be heading on our first safari to the Eastern Cape. :) I booked our couples package what seems like an eternity ago with EAI Outdoors. Since my wife does not hunt I guess I'll do my best to get the six animals on my list on my own! My list is one each kudu, zebra, warthog, impala, springbuck and blesbuck.

From what I was told we will be staying in two different camps. One, called the Kudu Lodge is near the Great Fish River and Gramhams Town. The other lodge is near Komga/Great Kai River area where they hunt multiple properties.

This site has been great in preparing me, but if any of you guys have hunted these areas and have any advice, or things to watch out for I am all ears.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,

My wife and I hunted North of Grahamstown near the Great Fish River with Bowker Safaris last May. I can only offer a couple pieces of advice:
- Take good optics. You'll be glassing from hill tops over very large areas.
- Take boots suitable for stony ground. Many areas have little topsoil.
- Bring tick repellent. A few areas are loaded with them. Permythrin (spelling?) works well

Good luck!

- browningbbr

Steve,

Best of luck for your upcoming Safari, may you bag remarkable trophies !!!!!! shall wait for photos & the hunt report.........

Happy Hunting !!!

Monish

Thanks browningbbr and Monish,

From your suggestions I think I am covered then. I was given a package of insect repellent used by the Army to wash my clothes in to keep the little critters off me. This will be my first time using it, but I figure it should work pretty good if the Army uses it.

When I get back I'll post some pics and let everyone know how it went.

Thanks

Steve, wishing you and your wife an incredible time in Africa!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois