7.5 x 55 Swiss Smith/Ruben K31 rifle

Well that figures!

Did the brass get through?
Wyatt fortunately the brass went through..you members will not believe this but they stole two plastic containers of steel powder I bought to experiment with making Damascus blades. This has nothing to do with ammo or gun parts.

The Qatar Airways has a lot of Aladin`s thieves in their employment. Those arab airport police is not much different than the looters here in SA.

There is no way I will ever fly any arabic airways ....When confronted they suddenly can not speak any English. Qatar Airways management did not even respond on letters I send them.

.I hope every member who wants to bring stuff to SA would know to make use of a direct flight and stay away from any arabic airways flights..

The previous year when one of my friends on the forum return to the USA they stole his knifes and a lot of stuff .
Like I said those Qatar police are like the looters here in SA..

Members, something interesting: Perigrine Bullet comapany in South Africa indicated it will be better if they make me 50x .306 " diameter bullets to shoot in the 7.5 X 55 Swiss K31 rifle. I have bought /paid for it . Looking forward do thr reloading with these bullets and see how much more accurate they are than the PPU ammo I bought.

I had one in the good ol days of cheap surplus guns and ammunition. It shot beautifully with the Swiss GP11 ammunition. I enjoyed the rifle very much but I moved on to sporting rifles and it moved on to another owner who appreciated it as well. Dandy guns.

Members, something interesting: Perigrine Bullet comapany in South Africa indicated it will be better if they make me 50x .306 " diameter bullets to shoot in the 7.5 X 55 Swiss K31 rifle. I have bought /paid for it . Looking forward do thr reloading with these bullets and see how much more accurate they are than the PPU ammo I bought.
What is the diameter of the Swiss GP 11 bullets? I will go pull one and see myself.
Just wonder why they felt .306 would be better.

Just pulled and miked a bullet with a micrometer. I get .308 just ahead of the boat tail.

Yes, its smaller farther forward. I got .307 on my dial caliper, but several tries with an actual micrometer gave .308, even a tad over a couple of times, but it averaged right at .308.

Yes, its smaller farther forward. I got .307 on my dial caliper, but several tries with an actual micrometer gave .308, even a tad over a couple of times, but it averaged right at .308.
Feedback: the .306 " bullets made by Perigrine for me is not seating at all. The Lee dies set /seating die is made for the .308" diameter bullet...It seems I will not be able to reload the .306" bullets like the GP-11 ammo . I was wondering if a longer .308 " bullet will work since the standard .308" bullet has to be seated deep into the case for crimping and proper seating?? Any suggestions members??

If there is a USA hunter coming to SA this year I would really appreciate it much if he can bring me the clamp on scope mount again from the Swiss Company in the USA who make these mounts..Please do not bring anything if it is not a direct flight..those arabs will steel it again...I now understand why Western countries do not trust companies like Quatar employees, since they are stealing tourists property....

Machinist will it be possible to upload photos of the telescope mount on your rifle??
For sure Gert , I will try and get into my safe today. It is probably the same swiss products mount that you had confiscated . It is very well done and no alterations to the rifle, mounts in seconds .

For sure Gert , I will try and get into my safe today. It is probably the same swiss products mount that you had confiscated . It is very well done and no alterations to the rifle, mounts in seconds .
Machinistbutler, thank you kindly, it is much appreciated. Please let me know the price for it?? I will ask my friend Tony in the USA to contact you so he can arrange to get it shipped and paid . Kind Regards.
If there is anything I can do for you here in South Africa please let me know.

According to the serial number 412357 this rifle was a private owned rifle build in 1964.I got this information on another forum.

Will try and put a link on Gert, looks like around 60 dollars US, Will post photos, says they can ship to the EU if under 160 euros? Not sure on south Africa? Would be worth sending them an email. I have a lot of their products and they are all very well done.

Screenshot_20220410-102254.png
Screenshot_20220410-102339.png
Screenshot_20220410-102328.png
Screenshot_20220410-102311.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg