60 lbs each side Elephant

Magnificent old Bull.!

The knuckleheads in the media were claiming the hunter was also hunting Rhino's.

Would be interesting to know tusk thickness and length of ivory.

An exceptional trophy !

Whoever wrote the article mistook lbs. and kg.

I agree, that is one hell of an exceptional trophy.

Those are just facts. Miles Kilometres, it's all the same. :rolleyes:

Have to be a little surprised at how they baited it to lure it out of the park. :confused:

Hey buddy, if you can read this, big time congrats on that elephant.

a trophy of a lifetime! ill give my left n*t for a opportunity like that.

It's a magnificent trophy, I wish I could sit by a fire and hear the whole story.

STATEMENT FROM ZIMBABWE PARKS & WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY

TROPHY ELEPHANT WAS HUNTED IN MALIPATI SAFARI AREA NOT GONAREZHOU.

On the 7th of October 2015, an adult male elephant was hunted as a trophy by a foreign client through a locally registered safari company in Malipati Safari area. The elephant had tusks weighing 55 and 54 kilogrammes respectively. Contrary to social media reports which are misleading alleging that the elephant in question was hunted in in Gonarezhou National Park. Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority further dismisses the report as false and malicious since Zimparks does not allow trophy hunting in a National Park.

In Zimbabwe hunting is legally permitted in the following land tenure categories, State safari areas and gazetted indigenous forests, in communal areas under the Communal Areas Management Programmes for indigenous Resources (CAMPFIRE) and on private land. Malipati Safari Area, is part of the Parks and Wildlife Estate, located in the south eastern part of the country and adjacent to Gonarezhou National Park. Currently, Malipati Safari Area is being leased out to the Chiredzi Rural District council under the CAMPFIRE arrangements where communities will benefit from revenue generated from wildlife based projects including hunting in the area. Such hunts go a long way in assisting communities in the surrounding area.

The elephant population of Gonarezhou-Malipati complex is estimated of 11 452 elephants from the 2014 aerial survey. Malipati safari area is allocated sustainable quota and hunting permit for all wildlife species including elephants on annual basis.

Zimbabwe subscribes to the principle of sustainable utilization of its natural resources, including consumptive and non-consumptive utilization of wildlife. Wildlife utilization programmes and projects generate revenue that is used to develop local community areas and contribute to the improvement of living standards of local communities that live with wildlife or adjacent to protected areas and to support conservation programmes.

a fantastic jungle bull from Upper Mbomuo/CAR, in the 50s
Question to our experts :
Guess the weight of the ivory .
Foxi

IMG_3303.JPG

Wheels,
your valuation ??
Her two magnificent bulls South Kenia.Also 50ies.
The bull behind- I would guess he can have 100 lbs.
Regards
Foxi
IMG_3305.JPG

@Foxi I have no expertise. I also have no problem saying something stupid and making a fool out of myself.:D

CAR elephant 90-105 This is a hard angle to judge. There may also be more curvature in the tusks than it looks like.

Kenya bull left 90-100 A lot of taper in the last meter of tusk.

Kenya bull right 75-85

Both Kenya bulls look like mzee's. CAR bull looks more prime of life. Ears are not tattered, temples don't seem to be sunken in greatly. Lack of tattered ears may also be a sign of living in savannas instead of bush.

Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy seeing great old photos. (y)

Hopefully some of the experts will chime in. I would like to hear their opinions.

no matter what the weight,beautiful bulls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VerlaMarti

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!