6 days, 2 Elephants, 2 Buffalo, Free Range RSA

sureshot375

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
I wanted to post a few pictures from my recent trip. It was great to get back to Africa. We spent about 5 days at a ranch in Limpopo catching up with friends and introducing a good friend to hunting Africa for the first time. Afterwards we went to a big 5 concession and hunted free range elephant. In 6 days we took two nice elephants and two great Buffalo on a 2 on 1 hunt. The hunting was quite frankly unbelievable.

I’m already slammed at work, and I made the highly questionable life decision to try to get married in the middle of hunting season in November, but I promise I’ll do some significant writing about this trip in the upcoming months.

For now here is a little teaser.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend’s elephant. The PH let us back each other up. How was my shot placement on the heart/lung backup shot?

E0D26E7F-F724-4762-B5CE-919BB6C698FD.jpeg
1DA55C5C-FAEE-4110-92A0-01B346BAAE36.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
What the caliber of the rifle? Pictures are awesome

What the caliber of the rifle? Pictures are awesome
.500/.416. Before this trip I was thinking about moving up to a .500 in the future, now I’m not sure. It’s an amazing round, and it’s a pleasure to shoot. I can shoot two shots just as natural as breaking a pair of sporting clays targets.

Congrats on a great hunt. Looks like you had a great time. Looking forward to the full write up.
Bruce

Congratulations, awesome trip! Were you hunting one of the Kruger reserves?

We are waiting the complete tale.
Congratulations....

Congrats on an incredible hunt! Thanks for sharing!

Excellent trophies, congrats !

Thanks for wetting our appetites...Let's get on to the full story!

Wow, well done, congratulations all around. Waiting for a full report

Well done we will wait impatiently for the rest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg