AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia, Alaska,lower 48
A few years ago I picked up a 585 Hubel on a enfield action, but also found a double around the same time. So the Hubel has been in the back of the safe and never shot and I lost interest in the project. So someone that wants to play around with a big bore for cheap here is your chance. It is in a houge over moulded stock with a heavy 30 in stainless barrel. Comes with a set of dies and 100 rounds of brass. $875. Would consider trade for????

IMG_3228.JPG
IMG_3229.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This terrifies me...

But in some sick, sadistic way... I’m interested... lol...

Let me dig around and see what I might have in the safe that might be interesting for a trade...

I'm with Wyatt, what is the parent case and what is left to do to the project?

Happy home... with a terrified homeowner..

IMG_5120.jpg

Gerrit and I have already decided it will be the perfect rifle to take on our dik-dik hunt next summer... those things are ferocious!

Last edited:
You can do that Mark Sullivan scene.

“You see that Dik-Dik over there, I’m going to let him chose how he wants to die!”

Dim-Dik Death at my Feet

View attachment 304609

Gerrit and I have already decided it will be the perfect rifle to take on our dik-dik hunt next summer... those things are ferocious!

So, how about it @mdwest - did you ever do anything with this rifle? Still have your retinas where they belong? :)

your timing for reviving this old thread is funny and coincidental @tarbe .. I was actually just digging around in my safe last night, thinking about culling the herd a little... I've run out of room and was trying to assess whether or not some rifles I just never use anymore should go.. or if a couple of the "project" guns that I've never gotten around to should go... if if they should all just stay... (been doing that off and on for a few months at this point.. but have never really reached a decision)..

I got crazy busy in 2020 (all good things.. couldnt go to Africa.. but I traveled around the lower 48 and AK hunting... work picked up A LOT around mid year.. and I spent most of my remaining time either pursuing my knife making hobby or taking advantage of the opportunity to spend more time with the kids amid COVID).. and never got around to loading any ammo or making any improvements to the rifle..

I thought about it several times.. thought about adding an RMR... etc... just never got around to it..

So.. I've been considering putting it up for trade/sale... just so it can find a home where it will get used and enjoyed... (and free up some space in the safe)...

Anyone have something interesting they want to trade for a shoulder separating project gun, including dies, brass, bullets, etc (everything in the original post)? :D

View attachment 304609

also makes a nice squirrel rifle

I was thinking this thing would look good in @Bullthrower338 gun safe.

Or maybe his AND mine!

How are you fixed for primers and 22 ammo? I have plenty of each!

:)

I don't like my shoulder that much anyways...how much?

Or maybe his AND mine!

How are you fixed for primers and 22 ammo? I have plenty of each!

:)

Im good on primers with the exception of Large Rifle...

My .22 LR stockpile is a little light.. I think I've only got about 5K of those :)

But we might have a starting point :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottyB2157

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!