577's VC

Daniel Cary

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Received correspondence from VC regarding a readily available 577. I'm sorry Heym, From an Aesthetic standpoint , symmetry, proportion .. 26" or 4 extra inches of Barrel Length on the 89B, idk.
new 577.jpg

Daniel Cary

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Cool pic, regardless of manufacturer, make, model, etc .. Still works of art. God bless, some of these VC's are stunning though.

Daniel Cary

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
The 88 Jumbo would be the exception, I couldn't imagine the price by the time it's spec'd out though. I also wouldn't be sure if a VC 577 could fetch the resale of Heym?

Last edited:

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
I just do not get the logic of a .577 - even if a H&H Royal much less a VC (my Sagitairre shoots patterns rather than groups by the way). I can not imagine subjecting myself to dragging one for miles on the track of a buff or elephant (nor could the old boys back in the day, which is why they had a trusted gun bearer).

Now should you just want to own one, then sure. It's only money. But actually take one after DG as a client?

Tom Leoni

Bronze supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA (Life), True Green Alliance
Hunted
USA, Africa, Canada, Europe
Do you like those shorty barrels?

Daniel Cary

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Please don't get me wrong with the initial paragraph comparing Heym to VC. "poorly worded" Heym's are just as absolutely stunning, just not a fan of the 89B in 577, in comparison.

They're all works of art imo.

Last edited:

BourbonTrail

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA (AZ, KY, MO, NM, VA)
That’s a sweet looking rifle.

I’ve read that above 500 NE, the penetration on Elephant declines due to the slow speed and huge frontal area (more so for the 600/700). However, for buff, I would happily lug that brick around. Heck, I would want to go all Cal Pappas and tote a 4 Bore around if I could afford it. Sadly 416’s and bolt rifles are more my price point.

Daniel Cary

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
I just do not get the logic of a .577 - even if a H&H Royal much less a VC (my Sagitairre shoots patterns rather than groups by the way). I can not imagine subjecting myself to dragging one for miles on the track of a buff or elephant (nor could the old boys back in the day, which is why they had a trusted gun bearer).

Now should you just want to own one, then sure. It's only money. But actually take one after DG as a client?
I've al ways valued you practical approach, Thank You.
It's just a work of art, imo

Wishfulthinker580

AH veteran
Reaction score

I don’t think weight alone was the only reasoning behind using a gun bearer

IvW

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA, CHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia,Zambia
Biggest I would go is 500 NE.

As for VC I handled them fondled them and drooled over them and decided there was nothing that compares, only to realise the inside does not match the outside...pity as that is the important part...if I where to buy a double in a large bore NE it would be a Heym

Tanks

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
You do realize, I hope, that Heym will build one with the exact barrel length you want.

.500 NE is my limit. Not necessarily because of recoil, but weight. I can't see myself lugging one miles and miles up and down the hills.

Daniel Cary

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Biggest I would go is 500 NE.

As for VC I handled them fondled them and drooled over them and decided there was nothing that compares, only to realise the inside does not match the outside...pity as that is the important part...if I where to buy a double in a large bore NE it would be a Heym
IvW .. I was told by a VC owner, the issues he had with a particular model. Overall, it wasn't the most confident feeling while considering a potential purchase here.
Would you be willing to share the differences regarding your above post?

P.s. Thank You.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alfreduphow

Latest profile posts

NTH wrote on JimT's profile.
Hey Jim, I read that you’re from Dequincey and just returned from Africa. I’m from Lake Charles and went there in April. What outfitter did you use and would you share your experience and pics? I won our trip to Kuche through DU.
gprippers wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello! Nice rifle! I have IDENTICAL rifle in 375 H&H so i was wondering what gunsmith did the work on it? Appreciate it and if you decide there is anything you are willing to take in partial trade, let me know. I have quite a few pistols, long guns and sxs & o/u shotguns as well.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thanks,
Rob
Bearhunter46 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
Philip, do you still have the 416 for sale?
NTH wrote on Rick HOlbert's profile.
Nice “meeting” you Rick. I made my first trip to S. Africa this year through Kuche Safaris. We had an incredible time. What outfitter do you use? Neal
LIFE-FORM TAXIDERMY World Leader In Superior Taxidermy Since 1981

taxidermy-south-africa.jpg