550grn Woodleigh FMJ & Weldcore RN SN .458

BRNO zkk602

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Evening everyonei hope you are all well. Just a quick question I have been searching on here for any information on the Woodleigh 550 FMJ & weldcore RN SN bullets in .458. I will be loading these for my Lott which is a Brno Zkk602 has anyone loaded these and what was the performance like ? Velocity? I will be using them on DG and have new Norma cases to load them in.
I was trying to source the Norma African PH .458 Lott ammo but being in zim they are like hens teeth so ordered the components and will load them up myself.
Any help would be appreciated and any experiences you have had with them good and or bad would be great to hear .

Cheers

This is an old post but I'll post my results in case anyone has a similar question...

In my .458WM I'm loading 73gn of Benchmark 2 (Benchmark) for a velocity of 2080fps through a 24" barrel with the 550gn Woodleigh.

I haven't shot any DG with this load yet but someone I know in the Northern Territory has used the 550gn Woodleigh at an almost identical velocity on water buffalo - and he said they hit real hard. Very emphatic.

Hope this helps.

Russ

Gday

I to load the 550 RN in my 458 WM
78grn of 2208/Varget for 2070

Took my biggest Bull at 15m and few others
Another at 203m and 268m

I’ll check the load fir my 458 Lott

I recall it was 82-84 of 08/Varget but I’ll check and be sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!