505 Gibbs - how much fun is that?

4 but one is way back in the vault. Building one in MRC Action in the near future.
Krish

Krish
Wow....what are the specs on those bottom 2...weight ..barrel length etc please?...top one looks like possibly got a thing on the end of the barrel....other 2 :A Thumbs Up: ...apologies if its already on here but missed it if is :D Beers:

They are all about 10.5 lb's bare. All have mercury reducers . The middle one have 2. That is how i ordered it. Middle one is the only one I have shot with 600gr woodleigh. The other three i have not shot since I got them. If I am not mistaken they are 24 or 25 as factory specs. None of them are modified other than the muzzle break on two of them. Only one with break is posted. All cz 550's.
Krish

They are all about 10.5 lb's bare. All have mercury reducers . The middle one have 2. That is how i ordered it. Middle one is the only one I have shot with 600gr woodleigh. The other three i have not shot since I got them. If I am not mistaken they are 24 or 25 as factory specs. None of them are modified other than the muzzle break on two of them. Only one with break is posted. All cz 550's.
Krish
OK thought barrels were bit shorter...but must be the angle of photo ...all very nice...and wood on all of them looks very good...when you fancy swopping one for a visit let me know :E Big Grin:

Krish

Absolutely stunning rifes. Congrats!

The width of a Sako butt stock is not nearly what it should be to soak up the recoil of a .50 caliber. I've said it several times...stock fit becomes more critical as the caliber goes up. Sako believes the butt stock shape used on a 6.5CM will be just fine for .375 and above. It's not.

An AHR #3 is a different story altogether.
That Sako BB in 500, I love it dearly, but it's absolutely the worst ;

Limbsaver Nitro recoil pad

Had one on the 458 Lott, then decided I needed to try a hydraulic recoil pad, so that's what I have now.

Get the Limbsaver Nitro, they developed them for the big boy Africa cartridges, 1 1/2" thick, so you can increase some Length of pull while you're at it.

fat suckers as well, I liked it

I'm going to do a little more shooting for some sight work, if things don't change, I'm throwing this expensive hydraulic thing in the garbage and buying a new LS Nitro to put on.

For those that have narrower pads, seems the Sako may be a violator, get the Nitro pad, well, or check it out and see, may kill two birds with one stone, increasing LOP and better recoil management.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!