500 Nitro Express Pistol

There has been a 600 Nitro version for years and if I remember correctly they made the barrel to imitate a canon barrel with a flare at the end of it like I believe they did with canons that fired grapeshot.

Anyways, yea, been done but bigger.

Those have to be reduced pressure handloads. The TC Contender frame cannot handle the case head thrust from the 500N.E. I have and shoot the same thing in the TC Encore, it is vicious!

Those have to be reduced pressure handloads. The TC Contender frame cannot handle the case head thrust from the 500N.E. I have and shoot the same thing in the TC Encore, it is vicious!
Need to get him to test a standard load the same way he test the rifle he explodes

You would think so, my hottest loads in 45/70 made it feel like a grenade had gone off in you hand & a little numb & tingling !!

Not to mention barrel lift !

That .600NE is crazy but in a lot more heavy frame with added strength.

Emm it is way loaded down to, my 45/70 was worse than that & if you were smart you would wear a light glove ?

Looks downloaded to me. He’s not shooting full power 570s in a 3 pound T/C!

I wonder if the 500 NE has actually developed much velocity in that short a barrel. However much of the video just makes me shake my head at the level of stupidity involved in some of these videos. No wonder the antis think we're all dangerous nutters.

The velocity wouldn’t be that high but the recoil would be much more violent than in a rifle.

I am glad he is shooting it, I will take a pass. That is an encore frame so it will handle the pressures. Even with a muzzle brake recoil would be brutal.

I think I watched two videos by Kentucky Ballistics and concluded he/they are clearly attention seeking persons acting like idiots on YouTube for Likes and monetized videos.

I REFUSE to contribute to any idiot's need for attention and them receiving monetary compensation.

New sidearm for elephant country?

The Kentucky Ballistics guy (you might remember him as the guy who nearly died when a .50 BMG exploded into his face and neck) showcases his newest big bore pistol. Insane.

downloaded - my 500NE rifle would go straight through that Hardox plate

I am glad he is shooting it, I will take a pass. That is an encore frame so it will handle the pressures. Even with a muzzle brake recoil would be brutal.
Look closely, original G1 Contender with Pachmayer grips. No reinforcement belt around the top of the frame.
Screenshot_20230422-052421.jpg

You are correct I looked at the frame on the 600NE pistol. I shot full loads in a Ruger #1 500NE and that was more perceived recoil than my 500JEFF due to the stock design and weight of the #1. That said the #1 rifle weighs a lot more than the TC contender or encore.

I remember someone (very familiar to heavy recoil) at the early Linebaugh seminars shooting a 416 Rigby encore. It broke his finger. If you were to put a full load 500NE through a T/C, I think it would only happen once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross