500 NE - Hornady vs RCBS dies

A Rosenth

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
USA, South Africa
Hi, wondering if anyone has experience with the "Hornady New Dimension Series IV" dies vs the RCBS Safari dies for 500 NE. The Hornady is a 2-die set while the RCBS is 3, and the Hornady is priced significantly cheaper. I picked up a set of the Hornady on sale but I'm wondering if I'll regret it vs biting the bullet and going with the RCBS. Basically I prefer to buy once cry once so if there's a consensus that the RCBS is superior I'd rather return the Hornady and pick those up. Thanks in advance for feedback!

I personally like Hornady dies better. Every set I have, which is many, seem to produce straighter resized brass using the button than Redding or RCBS. Just use a washer on the press and do the crimping last as a separate operation, or do what I did and buy a separate seater die and adjust the lock ring, so it is just a crimper.

I have owned both for my 500 NE (stupid I know right) and I actually liked the Hornady better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LakeshaMac

Latest profile posts

Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.
RLP wrote on professor's profile.
Good morning. I am a Ruger fan myself. Have you sold to anyone on the site before? How old is the ammo?

RLP
We have been very busy hunting! Lots of pictures and videos in process!