Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
DSC Life Member, International Member PHASA
Hunted
Several of the lower 48, Alaska, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina, Peru
not sure how I missed this until now...

http://www.truthandaction.org/california-passes-ammo-permit-fee/

California passed a law last night that requires you to pay a $50 fee and submit to a background check every time you want to purchase ammo or reloading components like primers and powder?

And the have made it illegal to purchase those items out of state or online?

YGBSM...

Was anyone aware of this before now? It totally slipped past my radar until today..

Reactions: ack
This has been on the California agenda for awhile. I don't know the details, or how it applies to online or out of state purchases.

What they don't know won't hurt them.

From what I heard ammo is the next battle ground for the anti's. They figure a gun is not good without ammo. This is only the beginning.

I looked at the California Props a few weeks ago and saw the one about requiring background checks to purchase ammo. I anticipated that SF&LA county votes would pass it. Glad I no longer live there- sorry for those that still do.

CA Prop 63 passes by a landslide. 63% yes, 37% no.

Regester for ammo sales. Background checks for ammo purchases.

No internet sales of ammo. No importing ammo from other states. Point of sale (face to face) only.

Privet ammo sales over 500 rounds has to go through a vendor (want to sell a buddy 600 rounds of 9mm or 5.56? It will have to go to a registered ammo vendor, and your buddy will need to pass a background check).

This ammo registry will cost the state millions to open up and operate. It will clog and only slow down the sale of ammunition to law abiding citizens, infringing on their second amendment rights ("keep and bear arms" means the 'durn thing is loaded...). It will also drive up the price of ammo to an untold amount with the hassle of the seller keeping registries and paperwork with background checks (and with no compitition of internet sales or boarder town sales, B&M gun shops will name their price on ammo).

In no way will this stop criminals from acquiring ammunition to commit gun crimes. In no way will this law make anyone safer. The only reason to implement such a ridiculous law is to undermine the constitution and continue to chip away at disarming the law abiding citizen.

This is one of many from this year. We received seven or eight new gun laws in 2016 that will go into affect starting in 2017 and running to 2018. The Left having control of CA for so many years has the messily remains of gun ownership here smelling like a smoldering dumpster fire.

Wow, this is real inconvenience!!!

In no way will this stop criminals from acquiring ammunition to commit gun crimes. In no way will this law make anyone safer. The only reason to implement such a ridiculous law is to undermine the constitution and continue to chip away at disarming the law abiding citizen.

I'm sure their intent (misguided) is for this to help control crime (you would think that people could look at places like Chicago and figure out this sort of thing doesn't work, and actually creates a bigger mess..)..

But I don't think criminals, or even self defense shooters and/or range junkies are going to be the most impacted...

Criminals will just cross state lines and buy.,.. they are criminals after all.. they don't care what laws have been passed..

The "average" self defense firearm owner doesn't shoot much (if ever).. they will buy a pistol, buy a box of ammo (pay a ridiculous fee.. but.. then they are done..).. go shoot a single mag through the weapon.. and then put the pistol in the bedside table with what ammo remains in the single box they purchased.. and forget about it for the next 20 years..

The range junkie gets hit hard.. but.. he'll spread the cost and inconvenience over 500 round purchases.. effectively reducing the impact to $0.10 per round...

Its Joe Sixpack, the typical American sportsman hunter.. that owns a single marlin 336.. that just wants to buy a single box of Remington core lokt in .30-30 every year so that he can confirm zero, take a few practice shots at the range, and then go try to bag a deer that gets the hardest hit.. his $17 box of ammo just went to $67.. his per round cost almost quadrupled.. he went from paying $0.85 a round to $3.35 a round overnight.. and he gets hit once a year, every year, for the rest of his life..

I supposed California hates working class hunters more than they hate criminals.. :rolleyes:

not sure how I missed this until now...

http://www.truthandaction.org/california-passes-ammo-permit-fee/

California passed a law last night that requires you to pay a $50 fee and submit to a background check every time you want to purchase ammo or reloading components like primers and powder?

And the have made it illegal to purchase those items out of state or online?

YGBSM...

Was anyone aware of this before now? It totally slipped past my radar until today..

Actually this was a "doubling down" on a law (SB 1235) that was passed and signed into law by
the uber-liberal California legislature and Governor Moonbeam on June 30th of this year.

http://www.kmir.com/story/32359315/new-gun-laws-explained

"SB 1235: Governor Brown also signed Senate Bill 1235 that requires IDs and background checks for ammunition purchases and requires a state-wide data base to track such purchases. This law goes into effect in 2019 and some small gun shop owners will have time to figure out the logistics as they are concerned the technology required for the data-base will be costly and potentially put them out of business."

Anti-gun legislators have openly admitted that the data base will be used to keep track of lawful firearms owners.

Where the hell is the NRA?

I smell a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of this as soon as it goes into effect, if not sooner.

It is in the process of being filed, GOA and NRAILA are on it. I personally think that we should sneak the good people out of Cali, and build the wall north to south. I vowed never to set foot back in that state in 2006 and have kept my word. My company offered me a very lucrative position to move there and run a western division, almost twice what I make in Houston and cover my housing. I kindly thanked them for the opportunity and asked if they would like my resignation now. I explained CalOSHA and all of the regulation that goes along with doing business in the people's republic of and they with great wisdom decided to squash the idea. I know there are some great people and hunters there but that state is lost short of armed revolt. The many governed by the few city strongholds of the libtard base. Sad to see a beautiful state like that go to waste by regulation and government stranglehold.

Well, I cannot exactly relocate my business. I am seriously considering putting a ballot initiative together to apportion our electors per district like Maine and Nebraska, marketing it under the "end the electoral college" wave that is sweeping the left right now and freeing about 14 electoral votes from the death grip the left has over this state.

This is why the 2016 election was so important. In the next four years Trump will have to nominate 2-4 Supreme Court justices. The makeup of the court will be vital in determining cases such as these.

CA, not surprising those people tend to gravitate to each other. Just proves : Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

CA, not surprising those people tend to gravitate to each other. Just proves : Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

you do realize the country is higher in the middle that is why all the nuts roll out to the left and right coasts. The latest I am reading is that La La Land want to succed from the country, best thing that could happen made only better by taking NY and Chicago with them. Think of all that debt gone out with the trash

CA Prop 63 passes by a landslide. 63% yes, 37% no.

Regester for ammo sales. Background checks for ammo purchases.

No internet sales of ammo. No importing ammo from other states. Point of sale (face to face) only.

Privet ammo sales over 500 rounds has to go through a vendor (want to sell a buddy 600 rounds of 9mm or 5.56? It will have to go to a registered ammo vendor, and your buddy will need to pass a background check).

This ammo registry will cost the state millions to open up and operate. It will clog and only slow down the sale of ammunition to law abiding citizens, infringing on their second amendment rights ("keep and bear arms" means the 'durn thing is loaded...). It will also drive up the price of ammo to an untold amount with the hassle of the seller keeping registries and paperwork with background checks (and with no compitition of internet sales or boarder town sales, B&M gun shops will name their price on ammo).

This is one of many from this year. We received seven or eight new gun laws in 2016 that will go into affect starting in 2017 and running to 2018. The Left having control of CA for so many years has the messily remains of gun ownership here smelling like a smoldering dumpster fire.

We got rid of our useless and expensive gun registry. The majority of Canadians had no problem with a registry because they felt it didn't affect them. Once they learned it cost more than $2 billion the majority were outraged. As a veteran in the Canadian gun control war I offer this advice. Drive up the costs and make sure that the government can't hide it from the voters. Money talks

Well, if we can get the registration for the right to buy ammo declared unconstitutional, then they have to foot the bill and the costs should be publicly visible.

It's interesting to me that CA is perfectly ok with & has many large "sanctuary cities"..... But they take issue with the buying/selling of ammunition. Wow.... who/what demographic & citizens are are they actually defending & protecting.

Well, you have to understand their mindset. To them, the borders don't matter. There is a large sense of freedom with these people, although when it comes to consumerism, they are not the fan of freedom of choice. They want people to chose the right items to buy and are OK with forcing that decision either through laws or taxes. They actually went for the sugary drink tax like NYC tried.

And as for protecting people, they do not believe any guns are used for protection, or the instances where they are used are far outweighed by the bad. California actually has more hunters than most states in America, but that is because we have a massive population. As a percentage, the hunters are such a minority that they can band together 100% and cannot even slow down the liberal law machine that has a supermajority. So, the residents of LA and San Francisco basically get to set laws for all the rural areas they never go to and those laws are based on what they see in their towns. They think they are worldly because they have traveled but just because you have been to London and Paris doesn't mean you understand Fresno and the small towns between Fresno and the big cities. They don't even realize they don't know this - they are clueless as they live in their echo chambers and unfriend people who don't think like them. I like to see their shock when I tell them I bought my 12 year old daughter an AR-15 because that is the perfect gun for a child her age and the Ruger .22 LR I am buying ammo for is for the 10 year old. They look at me like they are seeing a Martian in real life.

They have no clue what our lives are like or what our values are. If they were told, they are arrogant enough to dismiss it as us just not being educated or as well traveled as they are. We literally have no representation in state politics, which is really sad. But this is where my business is and so this is my home. I just want to make enough money to buy a ranch in Africa to go visit in the summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.