Fred Gunner

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Published September 11, 2017 Associated Press
JOHANNESBURG – South African authorities say they are searching for five lions believed to be roaming since last week in the country's most populous province.

Drew Abrahamson, founder of conservation group Captured in Africa, said Monday that she and colleagues were contacted Friday by police in Fochville, about 60 kilometers (37 miles) southwest of Johannesburg, South Africa's biggest city.

Abrahamson says police spotted the lions while investigating an animal carcass. She speculates that the lions were owned illegally because any legal owner would likely have notified authorities of missing predators.

Abrahamson says a small plane is searching for the lions.

The incident in Gauteng province is unusual because much of the area is developed. In July, South African officials shot and killed three lions that escaped from the country's Kruger National Park.

Still more positive news Thanks to Lion Farmers!?

Wow, that's actually quite scary.

They might not eat "much"!

Published September 11, 2017 Associated Press
JOHANNESBURG –
Drew Abrahamson, founder of conservation group Captured in Africa, said Monday that she and colleagues were contacted Friday by police in Fochville, about 60 kilometers (37 miles) southwest of Johannesburg, South Africa's biggest city.

The good folks of Fochville might be foched.......

Me think I would stay home at night!

if these are raised lions that are out don't worry they will not hurt anyone there like pets I am told. They will just come up and beg for food.

Not privy to how populated it is but they'll probably end up road kill. That would be an interesting conversation. "Honey, I'll be home late, I just hit a lion".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeWedel71

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois