Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Nam, Zam, Zim,RSA (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, NZ, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
Was surfing around Youtube land today and came across a very well done video. Five young people, two 4x4, several Go-Pros, a drone, coupled with a spirit for adventure and what appears to be a healthy travel budget. Great scenery and animals. A quick areal shot of Vic Falls to amaze you. A fly over of the Royal Livinstone Hotel is at about 8:00 mins.

I made the mistake and sent this link to my four daughters. Within a few minutes, one has already emailed me back and asked if we are going to do another family safari.

This video will make you want to get a drone for sure.

It is s great video.
They have some good editing skills and a good eye.
Thanks for sharing with me.

Healthy budget.... no doubt.

Sent it to your kids without thinking.
you-sir-are-a-dumbass-meme-red-foreman-from-that-70s-show.png
:)

Nice video with some great photography. A great time for sure.

Thanks for sharing, great camera work,

Great compilation of footage, excellent shots, good pace, very very good. These drones takes everything to a new level... Thank you for sharing it with us.

Very cool, like the way it was edited.

Great video. drones and gopros have definitely brought personal film making up to a whole new level.

The coolest thing I've recently picked up is the Samsung Gear VR 360 virtual reality headset:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Gear-...=1460256880&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+-+gear+vr

Its pretty awesome. They strap a 360 camera to a drone, then fly it over Victoria Falls. Or set it up in clearing with elephants. Or fly over an active volcano. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Its amazing being able to look around, total 360 degree immersive experience- My wife said she could feel her heart rate spike as one of the videos went over Victoria Falls- she could look down hundreds of feet, look back towards the falls, etc.

I'd recommend it to anyone with a Samsung phone.

Those kids had a good time.

Some of the areas featured in this video are Chobe National Park in Botwana and obviously Victoria Falls located between Zim and Zam. The water was pretty low on the Falls and something you need to factor into a planned trip to the area. Peak water is around April and low water is normally in Sept or Oct. I was there in Aug 2015 and it looked just like in this video. Attributed to a dry season in Angola, the headwaters to the tributaries of the Zambezi River. BTW, the flyover of the Royal Livingstone Hotel didn't do it justice. You just see the main complex. On either side (up and down the river bank) are about 10 buildings in each direction. Each two story building has 8 suites. All are easy walking distance to the falls.

The third area featured, the red dunes and coast of Namibia, is an area I haven't seen yet (but want to).

Awesome Video, looks like they had a really great trip!

It's been over a year on this thread, so I am shamelessly bumping it up. Lots of new members on AH during the past year, so good viewing for them or anyone else just having withdraw symptoms because it's been awhile since their last African adventure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross