Rare Breed

Silver supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I love you people but you are killing me lol! I go to Africa last year take 5 awesome animals book my first Cape Buffalo hunt with a chance to hunt a 40+ incher now I just bought my double rifle in 470 NE from Rizzini! Love the elephant and Cape buffalo engraving. Will be using it this in July 21 on buffalo hunt. You people are addictive

Kevin Peacocke

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
I love you people but you are killing me lol! I go to Africa last year take 5 awesome animals book my first Cape Buffalo hunt with a chance to hunt a 40+ incher now I just bought my double rifle in 470 NE from Rizzini! Love the elephant and Cape buffalo engraving. Will be using it this in July 21 on buffalo hunt. You people are addictive
Hey Rate Breed, please post photos of that beast

krish

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Congratulations RARE BREED.
KRISH.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Ho9e you will share some pictures of your rifle.

AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia, Alaska,lower 48
We help you find things you didn't know you need:A Stirring:

Hunting buffalo with a double is a very rewarding hunt! best of luck in 2021.

AES

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Does anyone know where I might find a case color example for sale?!

mikecatt13

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
You can have friends that are good or nice, very rarely both. Bad influences in this case fall into the good category haha

Where are you hunting your buff?

And it's almost a crime to not post pics!

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Yes we are addictive!

machinistbutler

Silver supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada Namibia
I think he loved the rifle but the recoil was ferocious. I think he bought a 450-400 Chapuis and was very happy . I believe the thread showed the 470 was just 9 pounds, so it would hurt a bit.

Kevin Peacocke

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
Is there anyone else on the group who has experience with one that they can share?

Rare Breed

Silver supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hi @Rare Breed, what was the sequel to this? Are you still happy with the Rizzini Rhino 470? Any problems? My friend @Barn has been offered one and we know nothing about it.
Kevin they are beautiful guns but too light. My Rizzini weighted 9.8 pounds but most 470’s I e learned are more in the 12 pound plus range. Even with my L.O.P. Right the recoil was just too much for me and I am 6:2 225 pounds and played college football and still too much for me. If you can add weight should be fine

AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia, Alaska,lower 48
@Rare Breed it is an interesting phenomenon that bigger gentleman sometimes fell more recoil in that you take more recoil to start moving a 225lb mass vs 175lb mass.

But a 9lb 470 will have a pretty sharp recoil that no matter who is shooting they will feel it. The two good things about a 9lb 470 is it is easier to carry when on elephant tracks, and you never feel recoil when taking a shot on the elephant

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hillgibson

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cowboy wrote on MBIZI SAFARIS's profile.
Good afternoon, please send me a list of pricing for 2022. jlcatron105@gmail.com
NTH wrote on JimT's profile.
Hey Jim, I read that you’re from Dequincey and just returned from Africa. I’m from Lake Charles and went there in April. What outfitter did you use and would you share your experience and pics? I won our trip to Kuche through DU.
gprippers wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello! Nice rifle! I have IDENTICAL rifle in 375 H&H so i was wondering what gunsmith did the work on it? Appreciate it and if you decide there is anything you are willing to take in partial trade, let me know. I have quite a few pistols, long guns and sxs & o/u shotguns as well.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thanks,
Rob
Bearhunter46 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
Philip, do you still have the 416 for sale?
NTH wrote on Rick HOlbert's profile.
Nice “meeting” you Rick. I made my first trip to S. Africa this year through Kuche Safaris. We had an incredible time. What outfitter do you use? Neal