Paul G

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Namibia, RSA
One of a kind Giulio Bernardelli .470 Nitro double rifle for sale. Built in 2018 in Gardone Italy. This is a one of a kind rifle by one of the greatest families in gun making history. Even the leather case is exquisite. I will deliver the rifle in person to your FFL or you can come pick up in person at my FFL if need be, no shipping. Rifle has not been fired outside regulating and is in 100% condition. Asking $49,000

21010092_1_med.jpeg
21010092_4_med.jpeg
21010092_6_med.jpeg
21010092_13_med.jpeg
21010092_19_med.jpeg
21010092_18_sm.jpeg
21010092_11_med.jpeg
21010092_7_sm.jpeg
21010092_5_lg.jpeg
21010092_2_med.jpeg
21010092_10_med.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful rifle.

Is that a boxlock action or a "round action" also known as a trigger-plate or "dickson" action?

If it were me, I'd consider listing it at either Holt's in London or Morphy's. Bernadelli is a well known italian best maker but his followers, like A&S, Luciano Bosis, and F.L.L.I. frequent a few global venues.

Stunning!

That is just lovely. Perfectly dribblesome.

FN

Absolutely gorgeous rifle @ANTIGNOS !
Hope it sells quick for you, but I suspect you will be missing it :)

Beautiful piece!!! FYI, I was the high bidder against you in the Morphy Auction..... a few weeks ago on this gun..

Pretty hefty return you are trying to fetch on this one...lol

Beautiful piece!!! FYI, I was the high bidder against you in the Morphy Auction..... a few weeks ago on this gun..

Pretty hefty return you are trying to fetch on this one...lol
Yes they start at 40K euros new, before any engraving, woodwork, etc. The shotguns can go for quite a bit more than that. If you want one like this going to cost a LOT LOT more than 49K, imagine with import Tariffs, sales tax and retail profit, imagine you would be 75 to 80K. Cheap compared to a new H&H or Rigby. I wouldn't sell it for anything less, don't need the money so keep it for my kids worst-case.....

Last edited:
Yes they start at 40K euros new, before any engraving, woodwork, etc. The shotguns can go for quite a bit more than that. If you want one like this going to cost a LOT LOT more than 49K, imagine with import Tariffs, sales tax and retail profit, imagine you would be 75 to 80K. Cheap compared to a new H&H or Rigby. I wouldn't sell it for anything less, don't need the money so keep it for my kids worst-case.....

Adopting anyone just now?......

Be careful of auctions. Some are up to 25% premium AND if little interest or only 1 person wants it, the sellig price would be very low; and then subtract 20-25% for the seller's premium. I buy at auctions often, but never sell at auctions.

Kind of sad really that such a rifle was bought, then never fired or took hunting and placed in an auction to be sold for a small percentage of its original price.

If I was fortunate enough to own that, first thing I would do would be to test it out!

Kind of sad really that such a rifle was bought, then never fired or took hunting and placed in an auction to be sold for a small percentage of its original price.

If I was fortunate enough to own that, first thing I would do would be to test it out!
Man I have over 100 rifles as it is, taking a Rigby double to Africa next week. Can only bring 2 guns, and my 14 year old going with me of course wants something he can shoot also. If someone wants it to take it hunting awesome and hope they enjoy it, if not I will maybe take it to Tanzania next year.

I still feel bad the original owner who paid so much didn't get to enjoy it. That rifle deserves to be in Africa!

Best of luck on your trip and post a hunt report for or those of us unable to travel at this time!

Craig

I still feel bad the original owner who paid so much didn't get to enjoy it. That rifle deserves to be in Africa!

Best of luck on your trip and post a hunt report for or those of us unable to travel at this time!

Craig
Agree! It will get there eventually I am sure. Taking a 1903 Rigby back home next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!