Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, DSC, NRA
Hunted
US, Canada, RSA (Limpopo, Eastern Cape), Zimbabwe (Omay North X 2, Dande Safari Area, Dande East), Botswana
Federal started loading the Woodleigh Hydrostatically Stabilized Solids in a number of calibers, 470 NE included. The left-handed Heym 88B PH I picked up from Pacontender shoots Hornady ammo fine, but I couldn't resist trying the new Woodleigh bullet. I prefer bullets with driving bands (which probably reduce the pressure generated, but from my experience definitely reduce the barrel heat generated and seem to reduce felt recoil). I mounted a Docter red dot on the gun shortly after buying it, so the attached target photos are from the bench shown (addition to my old bench to allow standing shots) with a Docter red dot. The three target photos represent 8 consecutive shots over 2 dates (30 yards, 50 yards and 100 yards - Easter weekend and last weekend). Can't really explain the drift to the right as yardage increases, but I couldn't resist posting the barrel groups. I doubt I could duplicate this in 8 consecutive shots again (me, not the gun or load), but I was impressed with this set!

470 30 yds 500 grain Woodliegh HSS.jpg

470 50 yards 500 gr Woodleigh HSS 19 Apr 2014.jpg

470 100 yds 05 09 2014 Woodleigh HSS.JPG

Shooting Bench 02 4 5 2014.jpg

Nice shooting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaylonTova

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!