470 NE vs. 500 NE for Hippo

a sure shot at the size of a cigarette box (in water).
What are you doing there with a double rifle?
Your first hunt and then something as boring as this.
You'd better go chase an old elandbull for the money; he'll show you.
But you have probably seen too many videos of MS, this is absolutely nothing for beginners.
Not at all.

I wouldn't say it so roughly , but it is so.

We no longer live at the end of the 19° century or at the beginning of the 20° century , in times when there was hardly a suitable DG cartridge for bolt action rifles and the DR were the rifles of choice. Nowadays we have a choice of a lot of good cartridges for bolt action rifles , rifles with which one can still shoot accurate also under bad conditions and if necessary longer distances. A DR is an second choice rifle for an Africa hunter from the beginning of the 21° century. This kind of rifle can nowadays only be used under limited conditions , or you adapt your hunt to your rifle with the risk of going home without game. In all cases it is nothing for the first hunt in Africa , if you want to be successful , and certainly nothing for hippo.

If you want to hunt with a double rifle then do so,practice practice & practice some more,I have done all my DG hunts with double rifles,it's a personal choice,if I did a Hippo? it would be surely on land but in case it's not? I would still use one of my Double rifles,it's not about what others think:) it's your money & your hunt,do what gives you the most satisfaction,my first buff was with a 470,up close & personal,choosing a Sabbati might be folly,I would trust my money with a Heym,Krieghoff or Merkel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richardparker

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross