Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
I have accumulated too much ammo and components.

And as a handloader, shooting factory ammo is kinda like kissing your sister.

So I want to clear out 110 rounds of factory ammo, in the factory boxes. This is what I have, all 500gr of course:

39 rounds Hornady DGS
33 rounds Hornady DGX
16 rounds Barnes TSX
8 rounds Federal Woodleigh FMJ
7 rounds Federal Trophy Bonded Bearclaw
7 rounds Federal Trophy Bonded Sledgehammer Solid

Midway on sale price is ~$6.43/round give or take, depending on brand
Cheapest Hornady price on Ammoseek.com is $5.60/round

I will sell all 110 rounds for $4.50/round plus shipping. Or I can hand deliver at DSC.

At this point, I am not interesting in making multiple ORM-D shipments...hence the low price to give incentive for someone to buy it all.

If you are a PH from abroad and plan to come to DSC, I would be happy to hold the ammo for you and hand deliver it next January (assuming it is ok to fly back with ammo?).

I routinely drive from Houston to Southcentral MO...so if you are on the way, I can drop ship!

Thanks for looking!

Tim

Are you doing this so the buyer will have a reason to buy a .470? Some of you (especially you) think weird like that!!!

What can I say? I make my living pushing chemicals. Sometimes you have to be creative and make your own markets!

Seriously - I was in major scrounge mode for a couple months, buying brass, ammo, bullets....and ended up simply over-shooting the target.

The 470 is not at all difficult to load for, so the factory ammo is expendable.

Basically, the factory ammo is priced at the cost of brass, bullet and powder for the handloader.

For the guy who doesn't load his own, this ammo is roughly 40% off normal price.

Is this 470 ammo still available?

Is this 470 ammo still available?

Hi Dave

I have a gent who said "I'll take it" just before falling off the edge of the world for a three week out of the country vacation.

He has been out of comms and I am waiting for him to return so he can confirm that he still wants the ammo.

I can put you in line as #2 in case he ends up having a change of heart (those vacations can get expensive!!)?

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenniferlaw003

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg