.465 Holland & Holland Double Barrel Rifle

Hi 505 Kiwi,

Glad you liked the rifle....

Monish

Hi Monish,
The gent with the Ferlach has just got back and is double minded about selling now.
Will work on him and revert to you.
Best regards
Gaurav Sondhi

Hi Gaurav,

Oh !!! why such a sudden change ??? Haha , the gun lovers are more than fanatics . Please keep me posted if you could brain wash him quite enough so as to enable him to part with the Ferlach ...

Thanks Bro

Monish

Hi Monish,
The gent with the Ferlach has just got back and is double minded about selling now.
Will work on him and revert to you.
Best regards
Gaurav Sondhi

yes as he decides we will move in. it is a decision which i dont anticipate will last log as he has just parteds with his other 2 guns.
regards
Sondhi

Hi Gaurav,

Yeah !!!! just get hold of the rifle bro , needs more of real brain washing stuffffff !!!!! LOL

Thank you so much in advance ( am athorough optimistic human) LOL...

Monish

I know of a Holland 500.465 India that may be available for purchase at the right price

You describe this rifle as a 465 H&H India, would that indicate that this gun was regulated for "tropical" loads?

Hie Zephyr, the H&H cartridge boxes all denote the nitro express ?..

At one point doubles sent to the tropics were regulated with a lighter load to deal with higher pressures caused by greater temps than equatorial Africa

I am thinking that the 500 465 is a watered down version of the 500 nitro 3/4

.465 HOLLAND & HOLLAND (ROYAL)

Double Barrel Rifle .465 bore "INDIA" - royal side lock ejector with hand detachable locks, with 25" barrels, rare sight quarter rib with standard for 50 yards and for 100 yards leaf, combined moon protector foresight assembly, two triggers, trigger guard with rolled aged, automatic safety, specially made for Maharaja of Nawanager, who owned a battery of hundreds of guns and rifles have hardly used this weapon and it is in absolute immaculate condition with original Oak and Leather case with all manufacturers' accessories including cleaning rods, Sr. No. 32072, completed in 1937.

Monish

H&H perfection!

The one I speak of I believe was also a Maharajah weapon year 1928

The 7xxxx number on the charge card is the Army / navy number, this one was sold by A/N to the Maharaja. You can research the number by the Glasgow University.

Hi Paul,

Glad you liked the rifle photos, its in the private collection of the Maharaja of Nawanagars family armoury , and its priceless (may be over 75000$ otherwise) very few Maharajas & hunters have parted with such exquisite custom firearms .

There are still very fine sporting rifles in India, but people who own them do not prefer to disclose, you get know about the firearms if you happen to know them personally & are an avid arms collector or an enthusiast.

Shall mail you snaps of our .375 H&H Magnum Royal grade flanged double sidelock rifle built in 1940s.

These weapons are hard to find now and are non affordable, as here we do not have any practical usage of these immaculate rifles anymore due to complete ban on hunting, these are now just collectors items & decorative pieces adorning the gun racks in the trophy halls.

Very unfortunate!!!

Monish
That's sad, that such weapons of beauty and built with intent to be used can no longer be used in one's own country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross