Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
AfricaHunting.com
Hunted
Tanzania, Nepal, Canada,
.465 HOLLAND & HOLLAND (ROYAL)

Double Barrel Rifle .465 bore "INDIA" - royal side lock ejector with hand detachable locks, with 25" barrels, rare sight quarter rib with standard for 50 yards and for 100 yards leaf, combined moon protector foresight assembly, two triggers, trigger guard with rolled aged, automatic safety, specially made for Maharaja of Nawanager, who owned a battery of hundreds of guns and rifles have hardly used this weapon and it is in absolute immaculate condition with original Oak and Leather case with all manufacturers' accessories including cleaning rods, Sr. No. 32072, completed in 1937.

Monish

Attachments

• 465 Top.jpg
    465 Top.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 938
  • H&H 465.jpg
    H&H 465.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,390
  • 465.jpg
    465.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,447
  • 465 H&H.jpg
    465 H&H.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,480
Hi Monish, thanks for posting pictures of another magnificent double. Please tell me more. Where is it now. Is it currently in use ? What would a firearm like this be worth on today's market ? Many years ago I met a chap in Aus who had Holland build him a 465 back in the 50's. A magnificent firearm that cost him two years earnings to buy. I was offered the oportunity to hunt buffalo with that rifle but circumstances dictated otherwise. Big regret. Ofcourse there are many modern firearms that make the hunting of Ele and buff just as efficient, but none can replace the nostalgia that guns such as these posess.
I bet there would still be a few of these floating around in India, and other parts.
Cheers,
PaulT

Hi Paul,

Glad you liked the rifle photos, its in the private collection of the Maharaja of Nawanagars family armoury , and its priceless (may be over 75000$ otherwise) very few Maharajas & hunters have parted with such exquisite custom firearms .

There are still very fine sporting rifles in India, but people who own them do not prefer to disclose, you get know about the firearms if you happen to know them personally & are an avid arms collector or an enthusiast.

Shall mail you snaps of our .375 H&H Magnum Royal grade flanged double sidelock rifle built in 1940s.

These weapons are hard to find now and are non affordable, as here we do not have any practical usage of these immaculate rifles anymore due to complete ban on hunting, these are now just collectors items & decorative pieces adorning the gun racks in the trophy halls.

Very unfortunate!!!

Monish

Dear Monish,
Is the case built for this rifle and matched?There seems to be a number there 7.... what is that?
Regards
Gaurav Sondhi

Hi Gaurav,

I am not too sure, certainly the # differs, need to see the rifle personally & the case ... I believe the case is the original one made for the rifle....

Regards

Monish

Thanks Monish, and if you do go there ....take me along!! and ....should you happen to be around Delhi let me know i have a some nice doubles as well.
Regards
Gaurav Sondhi

Hi Gaurav,
I certainly would someday. Iam certain u own a fine 470 as it is evident by your id moniker. I have couple of decent dbbls too.

Monish

Yes its a rigby double complete in box all accessories would love to see your doubles if ok with you where abouts are you located?
cheers
Gaurav sondhi

Hi Gaurav,

We have a 375 H&H Magnum(flanged) Royal,side lock . one 360 No2. manton & co. one 375 H&H 2& a half inch express sidelock, one 470 John Rigby"s box lock & 280 NE by J.W. Tolley... & few more with in the family ....

Cheers

Monish

Hi Gaurav,

Must be a master piece, owning such art works is a passion & obsession of its own... I am looking for a O/U rifle since a long time , but could not put my hands on it , any idea of availability ....

Monish

Monish

A ferlach 375 magnun was available some time back with a friend will revert in a few days the guys gone abroad will inform u when he's back also 30-06 with shotgun 2nd barrel o/u .The photos of the 470 are on indiansforguns under "my 470 rigby"have a dekko there
Regards
Gaurav sondhi

Hi Gaurav,

I would be keen in the Ferlach 375 H&H , do let me know if its still for sale., what make is the O/U ??

Thanks

Monish

Hi Gaurav,

WOW !!! is the word , your 470 Rigby's is a exquisite double. Congratulations, you own the Venus.......
Please do let let me know about the Ferlach....

Regards

Monish

Hi Monish,
Will let you know on the Ferlach as soon as the guy is back from abroad. I have forgotten the name of maker but I do remember that it was one of the famous ones. The rifle in itself is light and very easy to put to the shoulder and swing and is in very good nick.
Many thanks for your appreciation of the double.
Regards
Gaurav Sondhi

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you so much, please keep me posted if you get to know about any double for sale , I would be keen in procuring them....
You own a ANGEL, I am Greeeeeen !!!! LOL

Monish

Hi Monish
Thanks again I am as my post in IFG says in love with it myself!! Its a rare find in India.
Will Let u know about the ferlach asap.
Best
Gaurav Sondhi

Hi Gaurav,

That's a fact these masterpieces are very rare in India now , maximum have gone abroad & are adorning the gun cabinets of the ardent dbbl rifle collectors. Would request you to post the pictures of your beauty on to the AH.com for all our members to view the collectors piece.
I would be waiting for the news on Ferlach ...

All the best

Monish

.465 HOLLAND & HOLLAND (ROYAL)

Double Barrel Rifle .465 bore "INDIA" - royal side lock ejector with hand detachable locks, with 25" barrels, rare sight quarter rib with standard for 50 yards and for 100 yards leaf, combined moon protector foresight assembly, two triggers, trigger guard with rolled aged, automatic safety, specially made for Maharaja of Nawanager, who owned a battery of hundreds of guns and rifles have hardly used this weapon and it is in absolute immaculate condition with original Oak and Leather case with all manufacturers' accessories including cleaning rods, Sr. No. 32072, completed in 1937.

Monish

Sweet!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg