460 Weatherby Mark V

Backyardsniper

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I have a 460 Weatherby in a Mark V. It has been hunted with but is in overall good shape. I'm at work at the moment and just decided to post this so I will get you all some pics tomorrow. It has the magnaport and no Iron sights. Weatherby Custom engraved on the floor plate. I have at least 80 brand new brass and I have one box of loaded ammo I can shoot up and send you a complete 100pc of brass. I have another box of 20 with a couple of firings on it. It has a set of actual weatherby brand dies and also a weatherby brand 2-7 scope made in Japan. The rifle is quite accurate for a big bore and a lot of fun to shoot if you are into that kind of thing. Ha ha. I have some projectiles and load data if the buyer is interested. $3000 OBO for the rifle, scope, brass and dies

20211105_125546.jpg
20211105_125748.jpg

These pics arent great so if you're really interested in the rifle let me know if you want some particular pics and I'll PM or text them to you. Still kind of on the fence about letting her go but I need to add some more cash to the Safari account.

So is it a typo or ???...the scope in the picture is a Vortex and Im not seeing a Wby marked scope anywhere? Thanks

Yeah sorry about that. I had swapped the scopes out and put the vortex on there to try it out. Here is a couple pics of the weatherby scope. It's nothing special just a 2-7×32. It has a set of Leopold style twist in Mounts with the windage adjustable rear mount.
20211105_125639.jpg
20211105_125702.jpg

It looks like they added some kind of tape or something to help it grip the scope rings. I haven't cleaned it up yet. Pretty good little scope for what it is though. It has held zero on that beast

I'm gonna put this one on hold for a bit. I shot it today and I may keep it for the trip to Africa. I'm gonna run some training drills with it and see how she reloads and functions during some high speed shooting and reloading

How does the capacity compare to your Lott?

That part is not awesome. It holds 2 in the mag. They make a bottom metal replacement I have been told that adds 1. So it will hold 3 which is better but still not great. I'm gonna do some reloading drills with it and see how well I can run it. I been chronographing It today. 110gr of H4350 is running in the 2380-2400 range and 106gr of RL 16 is getting me 2357 with a great ES and SD and the rifle seems to really like it. That's most likely the load I'll go with, may even back it down closer to 2250 but the recoil is manageable at 2350 with the Magna port. I was going to gave it cut off but I have fired about 12rds today with no ear pro just to see how bad it was and it isn't terribly bad. I was.Leary of taking it because I know everyone in africa hates muzzle brakes because of the noise but this isn't too bad really. It is inching closer to being my rifle of choice for this hunt. I'm running a 1-4 scope now in QD mounts and I plan to get a red dot on a QD mount to carry as a back up.

If you can't get it done with three rounds from a 460 Weatherby you could be in some big trouble

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg