Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA - Big Bore Association of South Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique and Sweden
Now that I have moved over to international powders I can actually talk about loads that you could also try since I'm not using Somchem powders.

So I was trying to get a load to push the 500gr PP to around 2200fps I'm not chasing speed but accuracy and at Overall cartridge length of 91.70mm and at 81gr of Norma 203B powder found a sweet spot shooting a neat 1 ragged hole group at 50 meters with my Trijicon 1 MOA. Was only testing speed so only loaded 2 rounds each batch but group got smaller as speed increased and opned again on the next load.

Speed if adding some feet as Chrony was 15 feet away is around 2175fps its not the fastest meanest load but anything living with proper shot placment should die from it.

Next load of 82gr of Norma 203B opened up a bit more with 1" group.

Rifle was CZ550 with factory barrel and length of 25"

After many years of IMR 4320 in the Lott have switched to Ramshot Tac with improved grouping and no compressing of powder. Vel around 2250 on my Labradar chrony. 50m grouping around 1 1/2.But do support you in 2175 will do all you need/want.

Ramshot Tac, thank you will add on my list in case I don't get any Norma powder on shelves.

Just checked Ramshot Tac has got slight lower burning rate than Norma203B but no compression.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross