.450 Rigby whats your opinion

Harrison E

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa, Australia
i was wondering what people think of the cartridge also recommendations on rifles to purchase in the caliber .450 Rigby
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never been on a hunt where it was used, nor have I shot one. Balistically it is an excellent calibre.

I really like this caliber and it is my favorite of the 458's

I don't have one .................... yet (y)

Seen it at work, does the job. Got the Rigby name. Basically, a 460 Weatherby without a belt, loaded to more reasonable levels.

Have one in a CZ 550, shots very good. Haven't used it on a hunt yet

Pieter, there was a .450Rigby by Rigby and Co. on auction. If its good enough for Rigby and Co. its good enough for me.:D

Was it a double? Most cartridges designed for doubles have pressure of around 40000 psi. It can be done but they were not developed for use in double rifles.

Yip, could be. Anything Rigby, makes me stops listening. Hard to listen when I'm drooling.

marius you should have said and i would have taken more photos when i was there the other week , then you would have drowned, especially the sidelock double .500 nitro that had just been finished by paul :E Drooling::E Drooling::E Drooling::E Drooling::E Drooling: .......:E Excited::E Excited::E Excited:.......:E Rofl:

marius you should have said and i would have taken more photos when i was there the other week , then you would have drowned, especially the sidelock double .500 nitro that had just been finished by paul :E Drooling::E Drooling::E Drooling::E Drooling::E Drooling: .......:E Excited::E Excited::E Excited:.......:E Rofl:

I don't even want to hear about it.
Have been thinking of changing the .416 Rigby to a .450Rigby though....

An addict, helping an addict:W Cal 50::W Machine Gun::W Sniper::W Shotgun::W Shooting::W A Rifle::W M16:

Seen it at work, does the job. Got the Rigby name. Basically, a 460 Weatherby without a belt, loaded to more reasonable levels.
Jack O'Conner loaded his 416 rigby using 460 weatherby cases. I think he turned the belt off the case

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rugermagnum

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,