.450 no 2 NE barrels /reamers from America to South Africa?

Gert Odendaal

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAJW
Good day members
I need advice please. I will be purchasing a set of double rifle barrels and a reamer , .450 no 2 NE caliber next year. My brother in law from Wisconsin, is visiting as well and I want him to bring these items with to South Africa. Can he bring it as additional luggage? Will it be a problem at customs? What is the correct procedures?

I really would appreciate your advice.

Regards

Gert

He will have a problem leaving the usa he needs a dsp 83 I think ...However pm me and I will get you the info ....

Odinsraven

Thank you very much. If I may ask, what is the costs I am looking at to get the permit and will there be tax deducted as well? I need to figure out if this venture will be financial viable since I am working on a tight budget...if any one can give me an answer in this regards I will be grateful.

Can the barrels be brought in by a hunter coming to hunt in South Africa as well?

Gert

I noticed the DPS83 focus on military equipment specifically, Am I correct if I presume that since the .450 no 2 NE barrels are not military and may be exempt from this procedures?

I noticed the DPS83 focus on military equipment specifically, Am I correct if I presume that since the .450 no 2 NE barrels are not military and may be exempt from this procedures?
Hi Gert the dsp is the easiest way to go about it as it keeps the USA guy legal ....For RSA saps 520 is all that is needed .....but in theory a hunter could bring with ...However the issue is when they declare they are exporting the goods ...

I use sans nome up in Seattle for all my export stuff

Odinsraven, thank you kindly, it seems it is not a procedure done frequently by a private person like me. I asked the police officials who normally assist me with my licence applications regarding importing procedures..he mentioned I first need to bring the relevant permit to him so he can process it ...I now assume he meant the DPS83? I will keep working on this until I have answers..and thank you again for the time and effort you take/make to assist me ...I will come back to you when I have more info as well...

Regards

Gert

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollieTwop

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg