450 grain 425 Westley Richards

DILLGAF

Reaction score
Hello,

I am in the process of building a 425 Westley Richards rifle. I intend to have some 450 grain lead flat nose bullets made and order some of the Hawk Bullets 450 grain bullets. The problem is there is no mention whatsoever of that bullet grain weight/cartridge combo anywhere. Hawk makes bullets in that grain weight so I imagine someone has loaded for them. I was wondering if anyone has loaded those bullets, and if so, any help on load data would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

The 425WR shoots a std 410gr bullet, which is pretty much all I have found for mine.
I am unfortunately not able to assist with any data on a 450gr bullet. I am however very curious, because with the COAL sensitivity of the 425WR and the limited case capacity, I am battling to imagine where the extra weight goes when the case is full………

Keep us posted, please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!