45/70 to 450/400 NE

jacksaligari

Reaction score
So guys I have a ruger #1 in 45/70 a guy has taken his 450/400 NE barrel off his #1 will this screw on with out any dramas (eg head space ejector
Thanks in advance
Jack

If you send it to a gunsmith that works with NO 1 rifles quite a bit, I'd bet it can be done. But probably less expensive to just sell the 45/70 and buy a 450/400.

If you send it to a gunsmith that works with NO 1 rifles quite a bit, I'd bet it can be done. But probably less expensive to just sell the 45/70 and buy a 450/400.
I’m in Australia not that many 450/400 around
I talked to the guy who has the barrel he seemed too think it would screw straight on he turned his 450/400 in too a 45/120

I’m in Australia not that many 450/400 around
I talked to the guy who has the barrel he seemed too think it would screw straight on he turned his 450/400 in too a 45/120
That does complicate things a bit. I would think if the rim diameter is close to the same size, which I believe it is, you could make it work. Would probably have to adjust the headspace at the very minimum. Would be a matter of either setting the shoulder on the barrel back a bit, or facing off the chamber end of the barrel and deepenig the chamber and rim recess. Not sure how much that would cost?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!