Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PA SCI, Various Endless Mtns., PA Region Clubs
Hunted
Zimbabwe 2x, Namibia 2x, RSA 2x, USA, Canada
i have no time for 308s. lol It's 06 and 300s lol. Plenty of Taylors out there. They just make sense. (They are not sold by the MSM). Although factory ammo and brass is available (with proper headstamps-which I've NEVER encountered a problem with in Africa using 458s or any other handloaded wildcats for that matter,) most are handloaders, and with no extra steps (during re-sizing) a case is formed from readily available 458 WM brass). Yes no need to go over 2,450'ish. I didn't and no problemo collecting buffalo, hippo and elephant with it. 1-hole, 3-shot groups. I've seen countless McDs hamburgers being sold out there, but the good ones you must be in the know, and find (or have built!) Nearly everything I have is a wildcat and non-factory, as they outperform the others (not all wildcats, just the ones I've selected for various hunting reasons.) Mass production is often not best. .416 Taylor: Best thing to ever happen to a .458 WM! Would I be disturbed if no one else in the parking lot had a Shelby GT 500? No. No I wouldn't. lol Retail value is higher as it's a custom S/S Win 70 re-barreled by Shaw, HS Precision, trigger/bedded action, etc. Worth about 2.5x that of a std factory gun and worth every penny. I don't intend to sell most-I'll just hand them to my Son and he can profit one way or the other...

Last edited:

machinistbutler

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada Namibia
I don't mind if my son profits, it's worrying my wife will sell all my rifles for what I told her they cost!! Hopefully I live long enough they can go directly to him. God bless her heart though!!

Dang this scotch tastes good tonight.

C.W. Richter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PA SCI, Various Endless Mtns., PA Region Clubs
Hunted
Zimbabwe 2x, Namibia 2x, RSA 2x, USA, Canada
I traded mine in about 21 years ago and no complaints since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antoine

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh