.416 Remington With 1x6 Swarovski Scope For Sale

Mike Nicholas

Reaction score
Individual has a Remington model 700 .416 mag rifle with mounted Swarovski Z6, 1-6 x 24 mm scope. $5,200. Just like new except few cracks in varnish that Remington says they'll fix for free. Rifle experienced at shooting ele's.

416Rem Mag with Swarovski 1x6  Scope.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
more/better pictures will be needed.

-matt

It's a pretty gun, might be a hard sell though just because it's not 458 lott , 404 Jeffrey or 416 Rigby. I like the 416 Rem though.

Seems a bit pricey for a Remington 700. What model is the Swaro scope?

Scope is 1800 more or less at Europtic. Go from there...

I've never gotten full price for a scope on a gun I traded or sold, there is always a used factor.

I've never gotten full price for a scope on a gun I traded or sold, there is always a used factor.
My experience also.....normally best case would be 75 per cent of new price, and that is exceptional.

Individual has a Remington model 700 .416 mag rifle with mounted Swarovski Z6, 1-6 x 24 mm scope. $5,200. Just like new except few cracks in varnish that Remington says they'll fix for free. Rifle experienced at shooting ele's.

View attachment 58111
I really don't need any "advice" on pricing the rifle or its usefulness. It has killed Cape Buffalo and Elephants in one shot and other .416s have done the same. And, any that want to make an offer, feel free to make the offer.

Some commentators also don't seem to know what they're talking about. For example, all model 700s are not equal. There are many just in thier "Hunter Grade" such as ABG, Safari KS. This rifle had to be made in Remington's "custom shop". I'm guessing current cost of it from them currently would be over $5,000 (http://remingtoncustom.com/). It's been lapped, crowned, the stock has to be made of harder/different wood that is of smaller calibers to take the shocks of .416 mag., etc.. The caliber/diameter of bullets is not the only determinant of killing power-may need to do some research on that before commenting about that. As example: Hornady shows, say, "energy" with a 400 grain bullet in a 416 Rem Mag at 100 yards to be 4075 ft lbs and in a 404 Jeffery at 100 yards to be 3717. Shot placement between these 2 is really much more important. Anyway, feel free to make an offer if want to hunt and be successful vs. just posting comments.

Last post on this except to reply to offers. All prodding aside, I do thank you for viewing my original post about this rifle of mine and your interest in conservation through hunting. I hope everyone gets a chance to experience Africa that hasn't already; not the country of South Africa as much, but more like Zam., Zim. Tanz, Moz. where there's not fences for hundreds of miles in any direction-a "traditional" safari).

Mike who are you to come on this site and tell others what to post or not to post! In case you didn't know this is a forum where people share opinions!
As for people making comments about what they know and don't know you will find that we are knowledgable! I couldn't care less that the rifle came out of the custom shop.....it's still a 416 Remington and it isn't worth what your asking for it! My opinion not advice to you. It's kind of like a nice Buick that you put a bunch of options on.....not going to be worth what you paid for them down the road because it's still a BUICK. Now if it were an H and H or Merkel the conversation could be different.
Good luck selling the rifle ( not advice just sentiment)

Who are you to tell me what to post? Are you making an offer? Have a great weekend.

Used Buick for sale folks! It has been driven to the park on Sundays only! Several years old with best sound system available at the time it was built. Started up a few times over the years. The new ones are expensive so this one is priced high!

No offer on a used BUICK! Wouldn't buy one! But that's my opinion not advice to anyone on this forum.

Have a great weekend yourself Mike.

All the lipstick in the world will never make a pig anything more than just a pig!

Did I mention that I love pork chops......lol!

Very nice looking stock. Good luck with your sale.

Mike: There are 2484 Remington 700s currently listed on Gunbroker and only 7 have a list price over $5000. So your rifle, along with a very good scope, are indeed at the upper end of the list. I did notice a rifle that might be similar to yours, but this one has a Burris scope so not quite up to par with your set up. Not giving you any advice whatsoever. Just making some observations based on facts.

Remington Custom Shop 700 Safari KS-SS, 416 Rem, $2900
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=536188624

There are a total of 5 Remington 700s in 416 Rem. One is a custom with nice engraving for $1600.

upload_2016-4-2_17-36-28.png

Thanks 375 Rugar fan for trying to help on this. I followed the link you provided, but that rifle there is really no comparison to my Safari ABG other that they're both 416s. This probably isn't a great comparison, but it may be like comparing a Chevy (Cobalt) to a Chevy (Cadillac). I didn't known people wouldn't have noticed it was an African BGH. I should've mentioned my "model" probably. I guess from following this thread they'll now know. This may not be the market place for the rifle. I'll be taking it down in a few weeks if nothing happens here on it as I'm starting to suspect.

Thanks again and good luck getting to go hunting all you desire this year.

is that an offer?
My reply utilizing the noted quote was alluding to the prior post referring to the value normally associated with used scopes, not your rifle for sale, and no it was not an offer, and would not interpret every post as an offer. Many, if not all of the Remington 700 in the heavy calibers, 375 and up have been available out of the custom shop only for a number of years.

Guys,

I get it that it's tempting to get in a dig on a guy that is trying to sell a rifle that is hard to sell for good money in the presently dismal gun economy. (Nothing wrong with gun, just not everyone's cup of tea, BUT there IS a lid for every pot as they say)

Nonetheless, I've never seen people giving unsolicited "appraisals" on this for sale forum before. I know I'd be furious if you guys kicked the tires on my advertisements trying to second guess me and I know none of you have ever disrespected me in that way.

Can't we let the free market speak and in so doing, give Mike the feedback of what his gun is worth presently without us potentially losing a friend on this forum by stomping on his ad?

This is the friendliest hunting site on the Net and I'd like it to stay that way. Can we let Mike peddle his gun and give him the respect we usually show each other?

Mike looks like an exceptional gun. Thanks for thinking to share it here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you