416 Remington & 300 grain Shock Hammer

jwp475

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Interarms Whitworth 24" Bartlien 10 twist barrel

20220712_082720.jpg

Remington cases, Federal 215 primers, 96 grains of Power Pro Varmint

The 300 grain Shock Hammer in the 416 Remington at 3001 FPS will leave a mark that Ajax, Mr Clean and Oxyclean can't get out

Some great speed. Knock over about anything you want to hunt I expect. Do you think that pressure is high enough to impact brass life?
Bruce

I use 400 grain woodleighs at 2400 fps
I might be wrong but I’d suspect the 300 grain bullets May not penetrate much in big animals such as buffalo ???

Some great speed. Knock over about anything you want to hunt I expect. Do you think that pressure is high enough to impact brass life?
Bruce

Bruce, I do not think the pressure is over what it should be. Double Tap loads the 300 grain TSX to 2920 FPS claimed. The Hammer has less bearing surface and once you get up to pressure you will get more speed.
I use 400 grain woodleighs at 2400 fps
I might be wrong but I’d suspect the 300 grain bullets May not penetrate much in big animals such as buffalo ???

These mono metal bullets penetrates deep despite the difference in SD
@Micheal458 thinks they will blow right through a buffalo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross