416 rem mag case trimmer

csmiffy

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunted
New Zealand
I have to be fair but I haven't measured the cases so probably not imperative at the moment.
Been looking at a case trimmer for the 416. Not a lot here in Kiwiland.
Already have a Lyman ezee trim set but need a 416 pilot which I can't seem to find, I also have a lee quick trim, the one that looks the end of an old brace and bit but doesn't seem to be any dies for that either.
lee pilot and case holder like unicorn excrement and still need the cutter attachments.
Thoughts?

Trim die? Simple and easy. Also cheap.

Simplest and least expensive for best accuracy with repeatability is the Lee trim gauge. One universal cutter along with a 416 RM trim (length) gauge and dedicated shell holder. I understand availability of all such tools is the issue. No matter, cases must be trimmed or there will be risk of future serious high pressure problems! A simple but tedious method would be to size cases first. Then chuck base in electric drill and turn against file. Measure often with calipers to creep up on recommended exact case length. Drill press is easier... same method using file. De-burr mouth rim after trimming to length. Just a thought. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sports0266

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg