.404 Jeffery loads for Barnes X

DB404

AH senior member
Reaction score
Member of
Life Member NRA
I found a small but heavy, unopened box from moving a couple of years ago and discovered that I have several boxes of the first iteration of the Barnes X bullet .423, the ones without the grooved shanks, in 400 and 350 grain. If any of you have loading data for these bullets in a .404 Jeff with US powders, I'd really appreciate the information. Thanks! Dave

I just recently loaded 84 Gr of H4350 for my Jeffery pushing a 400 Gr. Swift A Frame. I read somewhere in the annals of AH that the original Barnes X left a lot of copper in the barrel.

Take care if they do not have a crimping groove, as the bullets in the magazine may get knocked deeper into the cases which could cause pressure spikes. As mentioned copper fouling will be bad so keep your eye on the barrel.

Thanks, gents. May be best to get some current production bullets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!