4 mounts from a Namibia hunt that I need to sell

Red Hartebeest 59 1/8 score
All 4 animals were bow hunts.
Safari Life Taxidermy in San Antonio, TX did the mounts.

Red Hartebeest1.jpeg
Red Hartebeest3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
As said above, people in affluent "cabin country" will pay a decent sum for such things (typically the bigger, the better.) I've seen such people walk into taxidermy shops and drop $5K for a moose or cape buffalo. I'm sure the price would be less for PG, but surely a Kudu and Gemsbok would be desirable to someone (and maybe the others.) My dentist is decorating her office with african stuff, as one example. She used to live in Moz but didn't import any of her dad's stuff back to the US (and misses it!) E-bay. Look at comparative sales when arriving at price.

Be advised, I'm pretty sure it's still illegal to sell mounts or trophies of game animals in Alaska, and I don't think it's just Alaskan animals. I know people are advertising them all the time on AlaskasList and such, but I know some people have been arrested for it. Haven't heard for a few years, I'm sure one of my compatriots will be along to correct me.

Beautiful mounts, sorry you need to sell them. I really like the gemsbok. Good luck.

safariworkstaxidermysales.com
HAVE TO SHIP TO THEM THOUGH. SO MAY OR MAY NOT BE WORTH IT.

WE MOVED TO COSTA RICA LAST YEAR AND I GOT RID OF ALMOST ALL OF MY TROPHIES, ADVERTISED SOME ON CRAIGSLIST BUT GUYS TRYING TO BEAT ME DOWN TO "FREE" PISSED ME OFF AND I GAVE MOST AWAY TO FRIENDS.
The more they can talk you down on price the bigger their story will be about how the gemsbok charged and it was life or death and how they made a 600yd shot on the eland had a clean pass through and killed the hartebeest standing behind him!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg