.375H&H mag...sabots?

Discussion in '.375 & Up' started by Mark E, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Mark E

Mark E AH Member

Hunted:
    United States-but I am always optimistic!
    Whilst saving towards my potential future investment of a good bolt action, I will was thinking...for lighter skinned game-whitetail, antelope, and comparable species abroad...could a .270 or .243 bullet be saboted into a .375 cartridge? With a magnum capable chamber, the pressure to get it to speed would be easy. The other side...I would need a bulkier powder to fill the .375 case to 80% or so. Just an idea-there are a ton of expanding light game bullets out there-just NOT in .375. Rifling twist may also be an issue. The new 5 zero scopes are a great invention-allows a broader range if cartridges-and a step closer to a "one gun" mentality.

2. Norwegianwoods

Norwegianwoods SILVER SUPPORTER AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Norway, Sweden, England, South Africa
    I would just use a 250 grain .375 Barnes TTSX bullet for everything. Maybe paired up with a non-expanding bullet for the biggest and smallest.
    I would just use the 250 grain TTSX bullet only for everything unless I was going after an Elephant.
    After many years of testing and trying bullets both on the range and while hunting, I have found that KISS is by far the best approach when it comes to hunting.

3. Macs B

Macs B AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    They've sold sub caliber ammo over the years Accuracy is the typical shortcoming in commercial sub caliber ammo.