375H&H Hornady 300gr DGX and DGS

RockSlinger404

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Morning Everyone,

Does anyone perhaps have the reloading data from Hornady regarding the 300gr DGX Bonded and 300gr DGS in 375H&H which you are willing to share?

I'm interested in their COL as well as the difference in charge between the DGX and DGS. From QL it looks like a similar charge should provide similar velocities and pressure.

Thank you!

Buy a reloading manual, not that expensive, great source of info and supports the manufacturers

I am glad that you started this thread. In Zimbabwe access to factory ammunition as such I have a problem. I have a more than ample supply of Hornady .375 H&H DGX, but almost no DGS. I do have access to DGS bullets only. I would like to remove the DGX and replace with DGS. No sure if the straight across swap is feasible if someone could help it would be appreciated. Reloading manuals not easy to access here.

@Tokoloshe Safaris - There are some online reloading manuals but most will require some type of subscription.

The latest manual shows they are interchangeable.

D92A0F92-3FFA-4731-8B51-4975F5590339.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Loading data per 9th edition

20230520_074340.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The two bullets are so similar that I'm sure Hornady decided to lump their data together. The current difference in the two would also make little difference in load data- namely current DGX having a bonded core. They both have the same mass, shape and internal design with a copper jacket over a thin steel inner jacket. Can almost think of a DGS as a turned around DGX... or vice versa :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross