Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
I picked up some 300gr A-Frames for my .375H&H from the Swift booth at the SCI Convention. The gent there gave me some recipes to try and I've tried them with less than stellar results. The best group I've got was 2 inches at 100 yards. I guess that would be acceptable for a buffalo hunt where the shots would be even closer.

I don't think my Model 70 is the issue here, I was able to get a much better grouping with 300gr TSX's at just over an inch.

But I've got quite a few of the A-Frames left and would like to thoroughly test them out, so any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

Try working up to 78 grns IMR 4350. 3 shots 3/4" in my model 70. 215 primers of course. You can likely go more as its not overly hot, at least in my rifle.

Try working up to 78 grns IMR 4350. 3 shots 3/4" in my model 70. 215 primers of course. You can likely go more as its not overly hot, at least in my rifle.

Well I guess it'll do.....

IMG_0099.jpg

Thanks much Double D, looks like a winner!

Glad to be of assistance!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaPace

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross