375 Zastava M70

rdog

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SSAA
Being very weak in the brain department, i have Purchased a 357 H&H Zastava M70 second hand, its in very good condition, barrel internal finish is like a mirror, bolt face is excellent, its been used very little,it has a very good metal finish.
Stock is in good condition but awful finish & very poor checkering , the asking price is very good.
The plan is to re shape the stock, fit a ebony fore end tip, steel grip cap, epoxy bed action, & fit a better recoil pad, its a project for me whilst i am getting over my heart valve opp, plan to shoot 235 grain spears, & 250 grain cast bullets until i get my strength back, will post picts of the process.

Brain department is working just fine as long as you are equal to the task. It's a big chunk you have bitten off, but the reward will be seeing it through and knowing you saved money doing so. Slow and steady wins the race, good luck with it.

Brain department is working just fine as long as you are equal to the task. It's a big chunk you have bitten off, but the reward will be seeing it through and knowing you saved money doing so. Slow and steady wins the race, good luck with it.
I am a person that has to have a project & some thing to do in my work shop, psychically it not a big deal i enjoy a challenge.

How about some picture of your new rifle. :LOL:

Currently have 3 Zastava rifles and all are good performers, they almost always shoot really well, despite the unfounded reputation of "soft barrels" that has been tossed around for years, a lot of hooey it is.
My custom 8x64s is Zastava based on a 8x57 barrel and it shoots like a house a fire. My first Zas, a Whitworth .375 was bought in 1984 and made 3 trips to Africa and has many rounds thru its soft barrel and still shoots MOA no problem when I do my part.
Actually I have 4, forgot my early first year .458 Whitworth. It doesnt get much exercise, guess I better drag it out.

I've got a Zastava .223 and it's a great gun, it shoots well and I've had it for a couple of years! Your rifle should be fine. Just take pictures and maybe do a before and after for us? Best of luck with your project and your health!

It's a .375H&H, I sure the brain is just fine.

It's a Zastava, they work, that's what they say about Tikka, they just shoot.

Probably cheaper than @BeeMaa 's beloved Blaser

More ooomph than @Bob Nelson 35Whelen .35

@Badboymelvin runs a Zastava Elephant gun just for fun.

Being very weak in the brain department, i have Purchased a 357 H&H Zastava M70 second hand, its in very good condition, barrel internal finish is like a mirror, bolt face is excellent, its been used very little,it has a very good metal finish.
Stock is in good condition but awful finish & very poor checkering , the asking price is very good.
The plan is to re shape the stock, fit a ebony fore end tip, steel grip cap, epoxy bed action, & fit a better recoil pad, its a project for me whilst i am getting over my heart valve opp, plan to shoot 235 grain spears, & 250 grain cast bullets until i get my strength back, will post picts of the process.
@rdog
You just can't resist a bargain mate. You have a good excuse tho, you needed something to aid your recovery and need physiotherapy. This combines the 2 in my book. Judging from your other work it will end up very nice.
Bob

@rdog
You just can't resist a bargain mate. You have a good excuse tho, you needed something to aid your recovery and need physiotherapy. This combines the 2 in my book. Judging from your other work it will end up very nice.
Bob
Yes Bob i can not sit on my ass & watch TV, it will do me good, but my wife said if the process of refinishing, or the recoil of shooting it is too much for me, she is not driving me to the hospital !

Last edited:
Got one in 375 h&h. As we speak my stock is drying from the refinish. Will pick it up next week. Will share some pictures. Great rifle. My allround go to rifle.

I have no other big game rifle. Because the 375 does it all. Currently shooting 156 grain projectiles from Sax.

These Zastava rifles are starting to tickle my fancy. I love the original Mauser action. I currently own 3 Mauser action rifles and have owned another 2 previously.
my problem is being a southpaw, leftie, cithóg, whatever. The purchase of a couple of left handed rifles has made life easier. Zastava produce the M70 in left hand drive and 7x 57. Now I just have to figure out how to import one from Serbia

These Zastava rifles are starting to tickle my fancy. I love the original Mauser action. I currently own 3 Mauser action rifles and have owned another 2 previously.
my problem is being a southpaw, leftie, cithóg, whatever. The purchase of a couple of left handed rifles has made life easier. Zastava produce the M70 in left hand drive and 7x 57. Now I just have to figure out how to import one from Serbia
Too bad you're in Erin. I know a guy in the US who imports lefty Zastavas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois