.375 Ruger, 300gr TSX and IMR4350

Viral_SIGness

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Its the fastest listed powder for a Nosler 300gr, so I decided to try it with the Barnes TSX. Eve at 78 grains, I cant get the bullet seated to 3.30, it keeps pushing back out. 3.345 is the shortest I can get it to stay. Funny though, because you can still hear the powder shake inside. Yet, while seating, you hear it crunch.

So I'm wondering if anyone else has tried it.

Have you looked at Barnes data? Barnes bullets being Monolithic, have different load data. They have free online load data.

Have you looked at Barnes data? Barnes bullets being Monolithic, have different load data. They have free online load data.
Yes, but they didn't list IMR4350. I was start at the bottom because Barnes bullets produce higher pressures. Barnes shows AA 2700 and Win 760 as the fastest powders, but with things as they are, you work with what you have on hand lol

955F8C20-74E5-44E8-A1F5-8176695D0F09.png

I understand. The Barnes are longer than the noslers. It might be part of the reason they only list faster burning and ball powders.
The only thing might be to reduce the charge and use a drop tube.

I understand. The Barnes are longer than the noslers. It might be part of the reason they only list faster burning and ball powders.
The only thing might be to reduce the charge and use a drop tube.
I tried running two drop tube on my funnel. Lol I'll probably just stick to RL15 for the Barnes. 69 grains was 2409 average from my 20" barrel. Going to test it from the 23" tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swasel

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!