375 H&H Winchester Model 70 - can you help with Identifying the Model

Odinsraven

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Membe,Icelandic Hunting Club SKOTVIS , BASC (UK) Countryside Alliance (UK)r
Hunted
UK ,Ireland, Bulgaria,Iceland,Czech Republic
Hi Guys - need your help picked this up today @ Auction - it would seem to be the Limited edition ones which seem to fetch a good price - however any ideas - unfortunately I have only the one photo and will not see the rifle for six months while I complete import and export paperwork ! Sorry only the one photo of it !

So my question is - is this the big 5 model ? - What kind of value ?

Appreciate the help

A .375 H&H MAG MODEL 70 "SAFARI CLASSIC" BOLT-ACTION SPORTING RIFLE,

23 1/2-inch barrel with ramp fore sight, the receiver mounted with a Schmidt & Bender 1.25-4x20 telescopic sight with illuminated . bolt with side safety, double recoil stud, hinged magazine base plate engraved with a gold lion and African "Big Five" motif. Looks unused.

A58.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears that you have a Custom Safari Express Big Five. They came in five calibers, each had a gold African animal on the floor plate. Even though I have never seen one up close, I have seen them for sale for usually $4000 to $5000. Hopefully that is what you have, since they didn't make many of them. I have also seen the set of all five going for around $23000. I would tell you to call me if you decide you don't want it, but I would have no idea how to import it in to the U.S. Good Luck!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!