375 H&H Weatherby Vanguard Series 2

Garry Bezuidenhout

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
Sporting Shooters Assosation Australia
Hunted
Zimbabwe Mozambique
I just recently purchased a 375 H&H weatherby vangaurd series 2 has anyone used this rifle in africa and with what loads , more info on this firearm been used in africa on big game would be greatly appreciated
thanks a span

Garry, have you tried searching? There's lots on reloading the 375 H&H, but I don't remember anything specific about the Weatherby Vanguard.
Oh yes and welcome to AH?

The good thing about a .375 H&H is that there is never ending types of factory ammo available for it. If you hand load, you have a more choices. My son has a Vanguard in .300 Win Mag, and it has outstanding accuracy. Have never used nor seen one in .375.

You should be good to go. Let us know how it shoots.

I have one.
I absolutely love it !
Great trigger .
Action is very smooth. It feeds anything I put through it. From Sierra 200 grain FP to Woodleigh 350 grain RN.
Mine is very accurate.
And it is the softest shooting .375 I have ever shot.
I haven't shot any game with it yet but it will be going on my next Safari.

Enjoy your new rifle sir.

I have one the Vanguard series 2 in 375 H&H and I love it. I was shooting barnes 350 grain and it will shoot three touching at 100 yards. They’re nice rifles

I helped a neighbor remount the scope and sight in a Vangard in .3oo Win mag. The gun was nicer than a current procuction Remington M700. Oh, the accuracy was great!

Weatherby Vanguards have been very accurate rifles right out of the box. congrats on your new rifle. A little gun pron please. :)

The rifle that is in my avatar is a Vanguard (the older model) in 300 Weatherby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
18whlsrolin

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross