375 H&H vs Water Buffalo

Discussion in 'Hunting Videos' started by sheephunterab, Mar 20, 2017.

1. sheephunterab

sheephunterab AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI, Wild Sheep Foundation, AFGA
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Namibia, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Argentina, Canada, USA, Russia

IdaRam, Mekaniks, Therack and 3 others like this.

2. CAustin

CAustin AH ENABLER BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
    Hunted:
    South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
    I like it!

3. Pheroze

Pheroze AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    OFAH, DSC
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Canada, USA
    I really like that caliber! Nice shooting btw

4. cpr0312

cpr0312 AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member
    Hunted:
    US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
    Awesome, thanks for sharing !

5. Ridgewalker

Ridgewalker AH ENABLER LIFETIME BRONZE BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
    Good job!

6. Jarrod Todd

Jarrod Todd AH Member

Good footage. What projectiles where you using mate?

Dr Ray likes this.

7. sheephunterab

sheephunterab AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Namibia, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Argentina, Canada, USA, Russia
    250-grain GMX

Jarrod Todd likes this.

8. Bill Kossmann

Bill Kossmann AH Member

Member of:
    Alberta Fish & Game Association, Backcountry Hunters & Anglers (Alberta), Red Deer Fish & Game Association, SCI (Central Alberta)
    Nice shots, TJ! (Great show too, BTW.)

Question: was it much of a P.I.T.A. to get your rifles into and out of Australia? I'm seriously considering a water buffalo hunt there, but was considering hiring a rifle rather than buying a .375 here and hauling it over there.

9. sheephunterab

sheephunterab AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    Thanks!.
    We borrowed. The permits were a bit of then deciding factor but with 5 different flights to get there, the additional baggage costs got astronomical.

10. Bill Kossmann

Bill Kossmann AH Member

Member of:
    Alberta Fish & Game Association, Backcountry Hunters & Anglers (Alberta), Red Deer Fish & Game Association, SCI (Central Alberta)
    Thank you!

11. PaulT

PaulT AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    S.C.I. International. Rowland Ward. Sporting shooters Association of Australia. Australian Deer Association.
    Hunted:
    Aus. N.Z & Zim.
    Firstly, my apologies to the O.P for my digression.

Bill, firearms (bolt-action rifles) are entirely importable in to Aus for your hunt with a few provisions.

Don't book at the last minute and expect the Authorities to want to process the paperwork in a hurry.
    They are paid by the hour and for most of them the less they do per hour the more they have in front of them to make themselves look busy.
    Give your chosen outfitter at least (minimum) four to six months to get the paperwork processed.
    DO NOT STOP OVER IN SYDNEY.
    Choose a flight schedule that takes you to Brisbane on entry to Australia, or fly non-stop to Darwin in the N.T.

Here in Australia an outfitter needs what's called a Corporate license in order to operate as a licensed outfitter.
    Corporate licenses are issued and recognized specifically for the State where the operator is active (in this case being the N.T, for buffalo outfitters) NOT the State where you may fly in to when you land in Aus.

If you are merely connecting a direct flight then no problems but if you have to overnight in a State such as N.S.W, where Sydney is located, then the local State Police can declare you have no license for that State (and you will not have because the outfitter will have a license for you to hunt in the N.T).

I know it sounds complicated, and to a certain extent it is, don't let this deter your hunting goals.

IT IS TOTALLY LEGAL, DOABLE AND ACCEPTABLE FOR A PERSON OF CHARCTER (you will have to provide evidence from your country of origin that you are a person authorized (not a criminal or deranged lunatic) to be in possession of a firearm such as your local hunting license or a Stat Dec from your local Police.

I may be making this sound complicated as I have just come home from a long day's work and have had a couple of Bourbons.

If you wish me to detail the process please feel free to contact me directly on ssahuntinfo@optusnet.com.au

I used to be a buffalo outfitter and have processed firearms permits from N.Z, Europe, U.S.A, Canada and Russia.

DONT let the bastards red-tape stop you from hunting !

Pheroze and IdaRam like this.

12. Bill Kossmann

Bill Kossmann AH Member

Member of:
    That's good information, Paul, thanks for sharing! I fully intend to go, red tape or not.