375 H&H Vs 375 Ruger

Hahahah that it will.... But I don't think I can hide 2 new rifles AND a safari from the lady of the house!!
Put a lamp shade on one of them and set it in the corner, after a couple weeks just ease her into the safe!

Sounds like words of a seasoned pro. Although it may have to stay under the lamp shade... The safes a bit chocka!!

Hahahah that it will.... But I don't think I can hide 2 new rifles AND a safari from the lady of the house!!

This is something we all struggle with! :)

Just hide the gun and 2 plane tickets to Africa under a nice fur coat or a small box from Tiffany's and see what the reaction is!!!!

Just hide the gun and 2 plane tickets to Africa under a nice fur coat or a small box from Tiffany's and see what the reaction is!!!!

Hahaha. It will be the age old classic "what have you done now???"

My usual defence "it was on sale dear!! I got it cheap"

besides that how many possum fur coats,can a girl have ???

My standard joke around the house is that " when I am gone my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them"

And Bluey, don't go there, because I hear "how many guns does one need?"

And Bluey, don't go there, because I hear "how many guns does one need?"

My theory on this is it's not how many guns are in the safe, but how many more can I fit in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well congrats on Your new Hawkeye. I own a Ruger Hawkeye African in 375 Ruger my self. I LOVE that rifle. (y)

I'm yet to use mine but I do like it. Does yours have the muzzle break on?

I'm yet to use mine but I do like it. Does yours have the muzzle break on?

wheres the bloody photo , mate.......

Hahah photo will be applied when I get it back.. That muzzle break... Ughhh.. Remove please!! So once it's had that gone ill snap some pics and hopefully a few rounds. You done much water buff hunting bluey?

the next water buffalo , l hunt will be my first .....
im trying to do a bowhunt , on them . next year or the one after ,

cant you just unscrew the break , and cap it ?

not a fan ?

Your a keen man chasing them with a bow.
I'm hanging to
Get up to the NT for a go.
Yeah you can they come with a blank cap but it looks silly (in my opinion anyway) so I had the whole thread removed and recrowned.
It was a small thing but really if I don't like it I'm the type that won't live with it so to speak. I like a more classic look esspecially in the bigger cals

my 375 HH isn't breaked either , but my 06. 300 wm , 300 rum are .

nah mate , bowhunting ,them , ton of horsepower , heavy arrow stick and discipline .

if that doesn't work the 375HH back up will pull him up

What arrow you using 650gr???

I've got a Left Handed .375 Ruger Alaskan (matte stainless) with the grey laminate stock and I absolutely love it. It was my first foray into anything larger than a .308 and my main reason I choose it over the H&H was I wanted something that was more compact. The short action and the 20" barrel make for an incredibly fast handling rifle.

If I remember correctly, Ruger only made an original run of 100 or so of the Left Handed Alaskans so they were very hard to find and very expensive once found! Unfortunately, I decided I NEEDED it and paid a pretty penny...fast forward a few years and apparently Ruger decided to do another run so now they are much cheaper and easier to find.

I've got a Left Handed .375 Ruger Alaskan (matte stainless) with the grey laminate stock and I absolutely love it. It was my first foray into anything larger than a .308 and my main reason I choose it over the H&H was I wanted something that was more compact. The short action and the 20" barrel make for an incredibly fast handling rifle.

If I remember correctly, Ruger only made an original run of 100 or so of the Left Handed Alaskans so they were very hard to find and very expensive once found! Unfortunately, I decided I NEEDED it and paid a pretty penny...fast forward a few years and apparently Ruger decided to do another run so now they are much cheaper and easier to find.

Being left handed is tough when it comessed to rifles. I paid considerably more for my CZ 550 in .375 H&H than I would have for a right hand model, but finally got a gun cheaper here recently. Appardently there are a whole bunch of folks looking for left hand .458 Lotts! :)

Being left handed is tough when it comessed to rifles. I paid considerably more for my CZ 550 in .375 H&H than I would have for a right hand model, but finally got a gun cheaper here recently. Appardently there are a whole bunch of folks looking for left hand .458 Lotts! :)
Generally, I don't mind a right handed bolt for any other types of shooting. My .375 Ruger is the only left handed gun that I own, but for the purpose of the rifle (hunting) I wanted to be able to cycle the action without losing my sight picture like I do with the right handed guns.

you lads have made my mind up , the next firearm l buy will be a leftie.
since l was knee high to a duck , ive only used righties. and don't know any different .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollieTwop

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg