Honeybadger

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
North American Hunting Club Life Member, National Rifle Association Life Member
Hunted
USA
Guys, I have decided to put my Sako Kodiak chambered in 375 H&H up for sale. I like the rifle, but it just is not suited optimally for my needs. I had planned on leaving it open sights, but then decided that I definitely needed a scope on the rifle to suit my intended purpose. Dropping the cash on a top end scope at this point is just not in the cards. I have other priorities that are much higher on my list. I had also planned on drilling the stock and adding some weight, but never got around to it. It is bone stock, no changes have been made. It is MINT condition and has only fired about two boxes of cartridges. I am asking $1250 for the rifle. I do have a 3 die set of Redding deluxe dies, as well as a decent amount of Norma Brass. If you want that stuff too, I am sure we can work out a deal. I'm pretty sure I have the original box up in my attic, I can look for it and let the future buyer know for sure. The gun does include the original owners manual, as well as the original Sako tools and sling swivels. If anyone is interested, reply to the thread, and PM me.
20181216_113407.jpg
20181216_113421.jpg
20181216_113427.jpg
20181216_113432.jpg
20181216_113437.jpg

Nice rifle! What direction are you going now? Bigger?

Yeah, probably either a 470 Capstick, 500 Jeffery, or a 505 Gibbs. And I REALLY want something with a quarter rib, so that I can run a quick disconnect scout scope. That's what I'm really after. I hope someone here can make a good home for this Kodiak though.

Wow tall order and not cheap with a quarter rib. I have such a 505 Gobbs but not for sale. Although my Winchester Big 5 470 Capstick is.

Well, I need the cash from this one to put towards the next one. So until someone buys this one, my hands are tied on making any moves. Hopefully this gets snapped up pretty soon. Am I asking a fair price $$$???

How much are you asking for that Capstick??

$5,000 I have the box and factory custom letter. This is the one with the gold embossed rhino on the floorplate.

To anyone interested. I did find the factory box for the Kodiak that I have up for sale. It was up in my attic, right where I thought it was. Gun and box look new, everything that came with the gun is included.

I bought a nice double in 470 NE and promised i would at least offer up the Capstick.

@Honeybadger i might take the Sako in trade....

To anyone interested. I did find the factory box for the Kodiak that I have up for sale. It was up in my attic, right where I thought it was. Gun and box look new, everything that came with the gun is included.

Interested what’s the asking price?

Seriously considering. I just need to justify a 3rd 375 as I also own a 416. I do however really like the Sako’s
I’m seriously considering a 10th 375! Make the bad man go away!

That SAKO Kodiak retails new at $1750 and its offered at $1250, for 40 rounds fired, that's a deal that someone is going to get.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't replied in a few days. Had some stuff I needed to take care of, and haven't been online. I just answered all the PM'S I have received so far. I'll keep you guys posted on when the rifle is sold.

I’d love to get back to the 375 H&H..... I just need to sell 3 NIB shotguns first!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg