Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI Member
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
Say what you want about this guy, he's having a good time. Today he's taking a poke with a 375H&H single shot, breech loading pistol.

“Just put a thumb in it”

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :oops:
He put his thumb into his neck to stop himself from bleeding out after a 50BMG rifle blew up on him. Cartridges he was shooting at the time were considered "hot" and the rifle isn't anything I'd shoot. His father drove him to the hospital and he wouldn't have survived without the thumb trick. Hence the shirts.

@Randy F - As you can see, he's tried blowing his head off already...didn't stick.

Last edited:
I'm reminded of the 475 Wildey. Wildey use to say that if you closed off the gas completely you could get a 300gr bullet to 2500 fps. Almost what a 375 H&H rifle does.
Some of these hand cannons are fun to shoot, or just watch people shoot...

He put his thumb into his neck to stop himself from bleeding out after a 50BMG rifle blew up on him. Cartridges he was shooting at the time were considered "hot" and the rifle isn't anything I'd shoot. His father drove him to the hospital and he wouldn't have survived without the thumb trick. Hence the shirts.

@Randy F - As you can see, he's tried blowing his head off already...didn't stick.
LOL that’s what I was referring to…he’s not a quick study. He was lucky his father was there that time. I hope his life insurance is paid up.

I know, that’s why I made the comment.

The YouTube gun guys do crazy stuff, but that was probably the closest call. Maybe when FPSRussia shot the truck packed full of Tannerite was closer :E Shrug:.

1639022571130.png

High Velocity Car Door

The shooter states that it is the most ridiculous handgun...
I agree!

What's the sense? I see no earthly reason for any such thing.
In all fairness, I’ve seen a lot of firearms that don’t make much sense…but they can be fun.

I have a 45-70 barrel for a Contender that I should put up for sale... My arthritis hurts enough without adding to it via excessive recoil on my hands and wrists!

I previously owned a S&W .460. The recoil was high but manageable due to the weight of the revolver. The muzzle blast and overpressure were however so great that I sent it down the road. I currently use the .460 in a rimless version, the .45 Raptor in rifles for southern Michigan whitetails.

Don't we have a member in our group that loves to hunt with pistols, and I believe hunted Africa with one.

There are a number on here that have hunted Africa with pistols.

If you want to look at some interesting barrels for the Thompson Center Contenders do a search for JDJ Hand Cannons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you