375 H&H Pistol

R.M.C.

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
U.S. and Canada
With that muzzle brake it probably doesn't kick too bad. A friend of mine has a .300 h&h Thompson Center with a 14 inch barrel . The brake makes it pretty fun to shoot , as long as you have good hearing protection lol . I have no idea why anyone would go out of their way to own one lol .
My buddy made his for hunting deer in NY state, where rifles weren't legal at the time.

CoElkHunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
With that muzzle brake it probably doesn't kick too bad. A friend of mine has a .300 h&h Thompson Center with a 14 inch barrel . The brake makes it pretty fun to shoot , as long as you have good hearing protection lol . I have no idea why anyone would go out of their way to own one lol .
My buddy made his for hunting deer in NY state, where rifles weren't legal at the time.
I also noticed that from the video. The recoil doesn’t appear to be near as bad as the guy in another video on here shooting a non braked 2.5” Smith .500. Even the 4” braked .500 the same guy shot, had more visible recoil than this .375. Probably the Smiths are a much lighter handgun than this .375?

Cam Moon

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Just to clarify, when I mentioned he probably wasn't overly gifted in the I.Q. department, it wasn't because of him wanting to push the limits of a hand cannon. It's his overall demeanor. Could you imagine if you were the employee at Kamikoto knives that decided this goof would make a good representative? "Hmmm.....funny how this video came out on my last day working here....." LOL

R.M.C.

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
U.S. and Canada
I also noticed that from the video. The recoil doesn’t appear to be near as bad as the guy in another video on here shooting a non braked 2.5” Smith .500. Even the 4” braked .500 the same guy shot, had more visible recoil than this .375. Probably the Smiths are a much lighter handgun than this .375?
My buddies .300 is a pussy cat . I bet the .375 would be fine too, just loud as hell

TTundra

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA (Limpopo), USA , CAN
Just to clarify, when I mentioned he probably wasn't overly gifted in the I.Q. department, it wasn't because of him wanting to push the limits of a hand cannon. It's his overall demeanor. Could you imagine if you were the employee at Kamikoto knives that decided this goof would make a good representative? "Hmmm.....funny how this video came out on my last day working here....." LOL
He has quite the amount of subscribers. I would bet that knife company saw, and will continue seeing, an influx of click thru and likely some conversion. He has actually seen more sponsors in the last few months than ever before, I would wager this means he has the analytics to show there is conversion on these viewers.
Then again, it could also be that this knife company is like any other "as seen on tv" and prefers the 'macho cutting approach.

Last edited:

Bob Nelson 35Whelen

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
Say what you want about this guy, he's having a good time. Today he's taking a poke with a 375H&H single shot, breech loading pistol.

@BeeMaa
He may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but the pistol design did a great job of mitigating the recoil.
The muzzle brake worke exceptionally well and the hog leg grip allowed the pistol to roll back in the hand and the rotational tourque with that design allowed the weapon to roll naturally.
That is why the old hog leg is the best design for heavy recoiling pistols. I wouldn't mind having a shit or 3 out of it. Fortunately the grip wasn't checkered or his hand would be mince meat.
The bloke is still a complete Muppet in my book.
Bob

Bob Nelson 35Whelen

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
What's the sense? I see no earthly reason for any such thing.
@Newboomer
There's no sense to it apart from the fun factor.
I would love to see the Muppet using the same gun in a 460 Weatherby.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha
Bob

Bob Nelson 35Whelen

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
@Cam Moon
Problem is mate how many good ads do you remember, very few I bet.
I reckon you would remember all the crap adds tho.
Funny as it is crap ads sell more because people remember them that's why add makers do it.
Bob

Bearskinner

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
As a Handgun Hunter ( only) I hunt with several large caliber pistols and revolvers. By varying bullet weights and powders used ( to adjust speed, and burn rate in a shorter barrel) plus the addition of a quality brake, the handgun isn’t as brutal as it could be.
Technique in how you hold, and handle recoil with a Hunting Handgun, makes a world of difference. A strong grip, firm wrist, and bendable elbow all add to ease of handling recoil. My go to African single shot is in .375 caliber, with my accuracy load putting a 260 Accubond out a 12” tube at 2050 FPS. I have tried various bullets and speeds, but in my gun this puts 3 shots in 2” at 100 yards, even with me behind the gun.
I’ve never been a fan of snickering while a new shooter wants to try your whiz-bang special, as you slip in a ridiculously heavy load, just to watch them flinch, or get hit hard by the crazy recoil, of a gun they have never shot. Some folks like to sensationalize crazy recoil, instead of attempting to wring out the best accuracy, of that firearm.
There’s a HUGE difference between strong recoil, and abusive recoil.

Hyde Hunter

AH senior member
Reaction score
Member of
life member NRA,CowBoy Fast Draw
I used to have a TC in 45.70 16 " no brake and had to have the 2 barrel lugs for the forearm welded in place to the barrel as it would rip the lugs out and kept bending the grip bolt also. recoil was terrible coming back straight up above your head shooting with both hands, heavy load with 350 grain bullet crazy

BeeMaa

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
I completely underestimated his level of stupidity...
I'm not sure how one would get nominated for a Darwin Award but this guy has it covered.

Bob Nelson 35Whelen

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
I completely underestimated his level of stupidity...
I'm not sure how one would get nominated for a Darwin Award but this guy has it covered.
@BeeMaa
His name sure is Scott.
Scott no brains and I'm a Fuckwit.
But at least I do stupid shit safely and have a laugh. Some mothers do have em
Bob

Inline6

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
He has quite the amount of subscribers. I would bet that knife company saw, and will continue seeing, an influx of click thru and likely some conversion. He has actually seen more sponsors in the last few months than ever before, I would wager this means he has the analytics to show there is conversion on these viewers.
Then again, it could also be that this knife company is like any other "as seen on tv" and prefers the 'macho cutting approach.
That's what I was going to say, the amount of money made off of youtube would blow most people's minds. We are taking 100s of k a month. Heck a 4 year old doing toy reviews made over 20 million in a year.

People do stupid stuff for the clicks to get the money, that's what it's all about at the end of the day.

Cam Moon

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
That's what I was going to say, the amount of money made off of youtube would blow most people's minds. We are taking 100s of k a month. Heck a 4 year old doing toy reviews made over 20 million in a year.

People do stupid stuff for the clicks to get the money, that's what it's all about at the end of the day.
Yep. He's probably made a fortune. But even if he was living on the street he'd still have more money than brains.

Bob Nelson 35Whelen

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
Yep. He's probably made a fortune. But even if he was living on the street he'd still have more money than brains.
@Cam Moon
When they were dishing out brains that clown thought they said trains so went out to play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rickvzg

Latest profile posts

Tom Leoni wrote on Nyati67's profile.
Nyatyi, what's the tube dia. on your S&B?
Brian wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
CM,
That is nice work! I would like that cartridge slide for 50-110 Win. I would also use it for 500 S&W. Six cartridge loops would be perfect for me.

I will send you payment immediately.

Thank you,
Akunasek wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
do you still have the Ithaca 10 ga semi auto?
kdenn wrote on TROPHY SHIPPERS's profile.
Afternoon, going to South Africa August 22 hunting with wife. will need your help with trophies. what information and how soon do you need it? went to the website and completed the form but seems i have negative energy or something with electronic communication often.
thanks for your help
ken dennison
Docpk wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
I would but the Swarovski scope