375 H&H moose bullet

I have not tried Sierra before but I hear good things about them. Good luck this fall!
I have shot all kinds of bullet mfg's and weights out of my 375H&H just haven't had the opportunity to hunt anything larger than groundhogs. 250gr Sierra's are excellent for accuracy. Personally I have talked to individuals and read articles on Hornady Interbond bullets. General consensus seems to be that they have disappointed more than they have been liked. Of course you will have those who disagree but just going by general consensus. Barnes seem to be the bullet of choice for quite a few. Haven't had the opportunity to use them myself. I would agree that the Woodleighs, and Nosler Partitions are a great choice of bullet.

The Sierra bullets would be excellent for plains game, I'd use them for moose.

While I have to admit I have not had the opportunity to hunt game with my 375 yet, I have played around with plenty of weights and powders and H4895 works on loads under 300grs, for accuracy I can't say enough good things about 300gr Sierra's behind 78Gr of Win 760 measuring a touch over 2600fps out of my Whitworth

Rob
With the Win 760 have you noticed any problems with outside temperatures causing pressure problems. I was told by a person who reloads and shoots about 300 rounds a weekend during the summer that he had noticeable over pressure evidence to his casing when he tried the Win powders on very hot days.
Just curious if you have noticed that as he strongly recommended that I shy away from the Win760 for my 375 when I was working up a load for Africa.

RJ

250gr TTSX loaded with H4895. Flat shooting, low recoil, stable and consistent at all temperatures, and a downright DEADLY combination of bullet and powder for the 375.

Try the Speer 235gr, semi-spitzer at 2600fps. Works well on any big game. You can drive them to 2900fps but they won't stay together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross