375 H&H Magnum all round hunting optics

Yip sure is bridge scope mounts and DG calibers....no..no....

Straight qd mounts or irons

Tr
Why do you need a bridge for a CZ 375 to fit a scope? Totally not needed, more stuff that can get in the way hampering reloads, lifting the scope higher up, more screws that can go loose?

You only need proper qd mounts direct to scope and rifle...the simpler the netter for larger bores .
True, that is what put me off the Zeiss V8. 36mm tube - could not find rings that will attach directly to the CZ receiver in RSA. So the only way to mount is with extra bases on top of receiver. Adds another layer of possible problems and adds height.

Tr

True, that is what put me off the Zeiss V8. 36mm tube - could not find rings that will attach directly to the CZ receiver in RSA. So the only way to mount is with extra bases on top of receiver. Adds another layer of possible problems and adds height.
I’m not talking about adding anything other than QD rings. I’m sure someone traveling from the US could bring you some Talley 30mm rings. How fast do you need them?

Last edited:
Tr

The 36 mm tube turned me off on the zeiss as well for my CZ's

As mentioned, that scope should work great. I stuck a 3-9 Leupold on mine but that was because I had it laying around. I intend to hunt woodchucks with it instead of punching paper so I think I'll appreciate the 9x

Perhaps I’m just a grumpy old man.
But, I have sacked more than my share of biltong with the .375 H&H, equipped with nothing more than a boring old 4x scope in low rings.

PS:
I’ve done the same with the .300 H&H, also with nothing more than (no surprise) a 4x scope.

Great set up. Go for it. I agree with a true 1x for DG but you'll also be happy for the extra power if you want a one gun safari and come across some little stuff. Solids are perfect.

Here's a BRNO ZKK 602 375 HH (comparable to the CZ 550) with a 1.5-5 Leupold using, IMO, the simplest and strongest, medium height ringmounts available... by Leupold. I found them online for about $60+ $10 shipping. The combination seems to work just about right.

BRNO 602.png

Last edited:
Yip sure is bridge scope mounts and DG calibers....no..no....

Straight qd mounts or irons
Yeah like I said, didn’t mean bridge. Meant that rings go straight onto the rifle.

Im in the same place as the Op. I am thinking Trijicon AccuPoint 1x6 anyone love or hate them?

How are your eyes?

This may sound like a dumb question; but it speaks for itself!

My eyesight has declined and I use a 4x16x50, 32mm tube. And the scope is adjusted so I can shoot my scope without my glasses on.

8x IMO is to much for the lowest settings, 24x unless you plan on shooting out to 1000+ yards,.......with a 375? too much power!

Unless your eye sight is really, really poor; I would suggest a better, rather, more appropriate variable power scope; that matches your eye sight.

Probably 2-4 x 10-16 x 44-50 in 28-34mm tube. By a high quality optics manufacturer.

I like something with illumination. Shooting black objects in the shade is a pain in the tail for my eyes.

I am in a position to get a good deal on a Swarovski Z8i1-8x24 that I want to mount on my CZ 550 375H&H.
Buy it! In Africa bushveld the only time you will likely need 8x is for croc (most accurate shot needed in Africa IMO&E) or one of the tiny 10 at distance or in thick cover trying to find a clear shot.
I would suggest QR rings just in case you either have a backup scope, or open sights. Riding around in a bakkie, climbing in and out, etc a scope can get damaged or nocked out a bit.
Best of luck in your purchase!

How are your eyes?

This may sound like a dumb question; but it speaks for itself!

My eyesight has declined and I use a 4x16x50, 32mm tube. And the scope is adjusted so I can shoot my scope without my glasses on.

8x IMO is to much for the lowest settings, 24x unless you plan on shooting out to 1000+ yards,.......with a 375? too much power!

Unless your eye sight is really, really poor; I would suggest a better, rather, more appropriate variable power scope; that matches your eye sight.

Probably 2-4 x 10-16 x 44-50 in 28-34mm tube. By a high quality optics manufacturer.
The scope I am enquiring about is 1-8... the tube is 24.

Hi everyone new to the forum not so new to hunting. I am in a position to get a good deal on a Swarovski Z8i1-8x24 that I want to mount on my CZ 550 375H&H. The rifle is relatively new to me, but I want to use it as my allround hunting rifle for shots out to 300 meters. Any thoughts on the glass? Is 8x enough magnification? The rifle is definetely capable if I do my bit.
The Swarovski Z8i scopes are excellent. The only contender that occurs to me is the S&B Exos 1-8. a friend who shot a long way out in a previous life has one sitting on top of his 300WinMag. He is very impressed with it. It does have ASV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeWedel71

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois