375 H&H, 416 Rigby & 458 Lott For Sale

glblanchard

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI LIFE MEMBER NO CHAPTERNRA LIFE MEMBER
#1 375 H&H Dakota Model 10. Express sights, Leupold VX2 3x9x40 in Talley rings. Very nice wood. $5500.00.
#2 416 Rigby Ruger Safari Magnum. Leupold 1.5x5 VXIII in Alaska Arms QD rings. Limbsaver recoil pad. Dies, brass. and bullets. $2500.00.
#3 458 Lott Ruger Safari Magnum. Leupold European-30 1.25x4 in QD rings, looks like Warne. $2200.00.

OemuWZQ.jpg

Attachments

• AGSLWSK.jpg
    AGSLWSK.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 477
  • lpoM0vJ.jpg
    lpoM0vJ.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 482
  • MV5G2JR.jpg
    MV5G2JR.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 444
  • tNO4sRk.jpg
    tNO4sRk.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 432
  • wHd0GDt.jpg
    wHd0GDt.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 486
  • X5Fs6W0.jpg
    X5Fs6W0.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 439
Last edited by a moderator:
#1 375 H&H Dakota Model 10. Express sights, Leupold VX2 3x9x40 in Talley rings. Very nice wood. $5500.00.
#2 416 Rigby Ruger Safari Magnum. Leupold 1.5x5 VXIII in Alaska Arms QD rings. Limbsaver recoil pad. Dies, brass. and bullets. $2500.00.
#3 458 Lott Ruger Safari Magnum. Leupold European-30 1.25x4 in QD rings, looks like Warne. $2200.00.

View attachment 210474

Last edited by a moderator:
While you are at the hunting shows, don't forget you need a new rifle to go with your dream hunt. All reasonable offers entertained. If I missed a reply from anyone, please forgive me. I have been up and down the road with family business. Thanks.

Where are you (more specifically the rifles) located?

Interested in the 416 and would like more information on it. How old is it, bore condition, have you shot it, how does it shoot...etc.

I think that 416 is a bargain!

Bargin ehh? Need to get you in touch with my Department of Finance to explain that. However, I did just get her a 270WIN, so I figure I'm due.

The 416 is probably about a 2000 vintage, I have not looked up the serial number. It is in practically
new condition, the bore is excellent. Yes I have shot it, it shoots great!
I am located in NW New Mexico.

If I didn't have the Jeff I'd be all over the 458Lott

glblanchard - I am new to this site (but am on a few other blogs) so I may be out of line here, and feel free to correct me if I am. When someone asks for details, at least when I do, you give them specifics and everything you can to establish trust and show that you are not trying to hide anything. Thats the problem with this form of communication it that it's not face to face to face, and not immediate. I will try to be more specific in my questions if you can try to be a little more forthcoming.

Shooting "good" doens't mean much to me. What is the 3 or 5 shot group size at 50 yards and with what load and if it's a handload please give the data. Do you have a picture of a target with the load used?

Has the rifle belonged to someone other than yourself? Did they shoot it a lot or was it bought for a safari, used once and then became a safe queen?

The scope looks to be a Leupold, what model and power? What rings as well please.

You mentioned in your initial post that there was "dies, brass and bullets". I assume a 3-die set, but which brand? Is the brass new or once fired? How much brass is there? "Bullets" - I will also assume are for reloading and not loaded ammunition. How many, what brand, model and grain weight please.

Additional pictures of any of these items would be helpful or even more detailed pictures of the firearm.

If I am being difficult or asking unreasonable questions about a possible firearm purchase, take me to the wood shed.

Eric B

glblanchard - I am new to this site (but am on a few other blogs) so I may be out of line here, and feel free to correct me if I am. When someone asks for details, at least when I do, you give them specifics and everything you can to establish trust and show that you are not trying to hide anything. Thats the problem with this form of communication it that it's not face to face to face, and not immediate. I will try to be more specific in my questions if you can try to be a little more forthcoming.

Shooting "good" doens't mean much to me. What is the 3 or 5 shot group size at 50 yards and with what load and if it's a handload please give the data. Do you have a picture of a target with the load used?

Has the rifle belonged to someone other than yourself? Did they shoot it a lot or was it bought for a safari, used once and then became a safe queen?

The scope looks to be a Leupold, what model and power? What rings as well please.

You mentioned in your initial post that there was "dies, brass and bullets". I assume a 3-die set, but which brand? Is the brass new or once fired? How much brass is there? "Bullets" - I will also assume are for reloading and not loaded ammunition. How many, what brand, model and grain weight please.

Additional pictures of any of these items would be helpful or even more detailed pictures of the firearm.

If I am being difficult or asking unreasonable questions about a possible firearm purchase, take me to the wood shed.

Eric B

Eric B

Hi BeeMaa,
Not trying to hide anything at all, if someone is really interested, I usually like to visit on the phone. It's easier to communicate better than on a forum such as this. All questions can be answered and explained better that way. If you would like to visit more about the rifles, let me know and I will give you a call.

PM sent.

I would had bought the 416 Rigby, but I think it`s dificult because of the export regulations.
The price seems fair

Hi Sierraone,
No, I still have all three for sale.
Gordon
Gordon, It's a shame someone on this forum hasn't taken at least one of those RSM's. Don't know much about Model 10s, but am pretty knowledgeable on your Rugers. Currently have 2 in .416, one in .375 and one in .404. There are several members on this site that are RSM fanatics. Some reload and some don't. Maybe list them again and knock off a few bucks....just my opinion.. and good luck!!!

PM sent on the Lott . I’ve been holding off, hoping that someone would buy it to relieve the temptation!

@Catahoula and @glblanchard , good luck to each of you in your negotiations. I am really glad that another AH member is after that rifle. I'm still surprised the Rigby hasn't sold yet. A little pricey, but with the scope and the dies and brass and bullets, probably not out of line at all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg