375 Flanged MAGNUM

Frank375

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunted
Zimbabwe,Tanzania,
Does anyone have any load data they might share with me on the 375 H&H flanged magnum?

Give @tarbe a minute to get his rifle back and he will have all kinds of info for you, he probably has 10 different loads already worked up to try

I am loading mine with 77 grains of Vihtavuori N160, Norma cases, Federal 215 Large Magnum Rifle and Hornady DGX Bonded.

I am loading mine with 77 grains of Vihtavuori N160, Norma cases, Federal 215 Large Magnum Rifle and Hornady DGX Bonded.
What velocity are you getting?

What velocity are you getting?
About 2430 fps or 739 mps using a Caldwell chronograph. The bullets are 300 grains DGX as you guessed. My double rifle has 24 inch barrels.

Thank you very much for your time and info.

Give @tarbe a minute to get his rifle back and he will have all kinds of info for you, he probably has 10 different loads already worked up to try
Only two. I've been busy with other things!

Like trying to figure out how to dodge CBDCs and the WHO takeover of pandemic management!

Hi Frank and BeeMaa, i am sorry I don't have anything reliable, but I hope you came right. What rifle are you shooting this in?
A Krieghoff.Kevin,you gave me a load from your reloading person of 78,3 grs. of Vitavouri N560 with a Woodleigh 300 gr. bullet at 2381 Fps. velocity.

I have quickload, and would be happy to run some numbers for you. Just let me know what powder/bullet combinations you have.

I have quickload, and would be happy to run some numbers for you. Just let me know what powder/bullet combinations you have.
Presuming one could get any powder, what would be the best for a 300 grain bullet to 2400 fps with the least recoil? 24 inch barrel, 25 degrees C? I only have VV N565 at the moment as I said on the other post, but perhaps it is quite suitable?

Presuming one could get any powder, what would be the best for a 300 grain bullet to 2400 fps with the least recoil? 24 inch barrel, 25 degrees C? I only have VV N565 at the moment as I said on the other post, but perhaps it is quite suitable?

I don’t have much experience with this caliber, I load for it, but my barrel hasn’t been delivered yet, so no actual experience yet. That being said, the woodleigh manual recommends R15 as the “standout” performer. I would also assume any slower powder that fills the case and attains the velocity you want would also work well, such as your N565.

f For the least amount of recoil I believe IMR 4064 or Reloader 15 would be good as they show the least amount of grains to reach 2400 fps. but I can't find either one.I am going to start with 70 grs. of H4350 as soon as I get my rifle back from JJ Perodeau

Speaking of Woodleigh manuals,does anyone know where I might find one?

So as a general rule the least amount of powder of a fast burning sort gives least recoil?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisabeth1

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross