.360 Remington Buckhammer!

you don't have to put 4 pellets (200 gr) in it, but that's how the tracking distance only has a vertical component! I hope to use it in AK and Africa oneday (and on local bear - many weigh 650-875 lbs,) where that steam is needed! Long ago, 'decided a hot handloaded .300 Win Mag was too much for deer (as i shot 2 with one shot-another was lined up w/ the 1st and they both expired.) I got over it and now we have 3. Anything more than that is a bit extreme, but the idea behind the XML is that 200 gr of powder are required to push a 250-300 gr bullet, accurately to 400+ yds. It works! Plus, or deer and bear seasons run concurrently...
The vertical component in tracking is my big reason for hunting the heavy number 1. That and running into a bear becomes nothing to worry about. 4000 ft-lbs on the minimum end if I slide in a practice load still makes for a calm walk.

I used my 458 Lott deer hunting last year. I’ve shot ground hogs with 458 win, I really care what other people think. Frank
I used to shoot woodchucks with 3/4 oz slugs from a 20 gauge Ithica Deerslayer. Still don’t care what other people think.

It appears to be one of the few cartridges that meets the unusual straight cartridge rules in some states. When ammo is available, I think I will get a TC rifle barrel in this cartridge.

Safe shooting

I used my 458 Lott deer hunting last year. I’ve shot ground hogs with 458 win, I really care what other people think. Frank
I haven't done it recently as I must be slowing down in my old age LOL but after accurizing and precision hand loading for every single rifle, we would always go out and test it first on woodchucks after sighting in. We actually have funny videos I can find them shooting woodchucks with heavy hand loads in a 375 and 416. I remember the 375 using 270 grain tsx's it literally flipped it over backwards maybe more than once. I have taken both out for black bear by me as they get up to just under 900 pounds at best and the biggest ones live in thickly wooded swamps so maximum shot distance in most prime habitat is 50 yards. I did make a good shot on one years back with a 300 win mag we got it but it required at 150-yard drag through a virtual jungle half underwater. I'll never do that again I'd just assume quarter it and make trips. This reminds me to say that a PH in Namibia once let my son use his 500 NE for a virtual varmint hunt. LOL it wasn't as precisely accurate being a double gun with no scope but it sure was interesting.

When I see most of the cartridge releases over the last decade or so not all but most strike me as what's the most profitable thing for us to do no other considerations. You might as well throw most of the rifles in there too.

I really liked the 375 win the littlest big bore .I used aa1680 powder to push the 220 grain 2400 fps .I even shot 300 grain fmj bullets as first shot bear loads. There is another one coming the 400 legend super 10mm .I might get one for fun we will see.

It never ends!
Bruiser buck...113 yard shot...48 yard run. Sounds like something amazing with power left to spare. I feel like a .44 Magnum could do same or better.
I wasn't impressed with the hunting were up for the .350 legend either. They seem underpowered for larger deer.
Bang. Please wait...deer is being notified of injury...

Last edited:
I’m just dying to see some guys at the beer joint sippin on some bud lights and talking about their buck hammers! I’ll probably have to fight my way out!

(in my best Richie Pryor tough-guy voice) "Buckhammer THIS buddy!"

When Remington hires their woke Marketing director that wants to appeal to a more diverse group of non fratty hunters. They can put that guy that competes swimming against girls in a bathtub with a cold bud light and a hard buck hammer! Ought to do wonders for the product sales!

I’m just dying to see some guys at the beer joint sippin on some bud lights and talking about their buck hammers! I’ll probably have to fight my way out!
Don't you go ASSuming anyone's gender or they'll show you a sir in the parking lot. If they're sipping transweiser they can probably pass a field sobriety test in size 15 platform heels...:A Vomit:
OMG! I guess soon we'll have the new Remington .400 Buckmaster? Or Asshammer when drinking Bud Light? LOL
It's a 400 ass hammer... the belle with balls and big feet-ures!
•Progressive forward assist...to get that sticky bolt firmly seated with a few pokes from behind!
•Social justice binary trigger...goes off at the slightest offence and doesn't know what it is today or how many shots to fire.
•Prep'd Safety Selector... positive, but undetectable and somehow still perfectly safe.
•Rainbow trajectory! Arched for diversity and indirect fire!
•Wide Angle Inclusivity sight...gets firing solutions on everything in range so nobody gets left out.
All that and it still identifies as a straight wall case... :A Outta:
When Remington hires their woke Marketing director that wants to appeal to a more diverse group of non fratty hunters. They can put that guy that competes swimming against girls in a bathtub with a cold bud light and a hard buck hammer! Ought to do wonders for the product sales!
You might say it's kind of like a Hot tub mishap...:E Lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg